What's new

Achieving 1.2 Bar on stock actuator and Greddy Profec 2 ?

Reaction score
i am having the car mapped on thursday but have just realised that the gain on the controller only goes to 100% does this mean i cant reach the desired 1.2bar that is wanted?

is the actutuator 0.5 Bar? if so that means can i only get 1.0 bar from the greddy at 100% gain.

will i be needing an uprated actuator arm in this case?

some help will be appreciated...

Reaction score
No, not at all. Gain is the rate the boost is made. So boost is stronger, earlier. :)

Reaction score
No, not at all. Gain is the rate the boost is made. So boost is stronger, earlier. :)
no your taking about set gain not gain, gain is what you gain % upwards from actuator pressure.

so 20% gain on a .50 bar actuator is 0.1 bar more of pressure. i jnow as i set it up..

hench the 100% on .50 bar actuator = 1BAR

i ran the car with the controller off a min ago and it boost to 0.58 then drops to 0.55 so it would prob reach 1.1... i may have to take the plunge and buy an uprated one

Any suggestions? was looking at the HKS from Sumo power.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Set = desired boost level
Gain = sensitivity of valve control
Set Gain = when to start opening the waste gate

Assuming you have all the necessary mods you will be able to hit 1.2 bar

As Dazz0i said adjusting the gain changes the boost rate, so if you have the gain too high you could see boost spikes over your required boost level, in which case you would turn it down etc...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Set = desired boost level
Gain = sensitivity of valve control
Set Gain = when to start opening the waste gate

Assuming you have all the necessary mods you will be able to hit 1.2 bar
ok my mistake, so you think it possible without doing the actuator or is a neccesity? do you run a greddy on yours?

BY necessary mods you mean pump, FMIC and breathing mods.. yeah done mat!

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I know people that have the stock actuator and are running 1.2 bar + :thumbs:

Like japmadlad said you could get issues with the stock actuator not holding 1.2 bar.

Not definatly necessary mod, but if you can afford it do it :)

Reaction score
Thanks for that mate, i can afford one at the min but am wondering if its needed but i suppose there is nothing worse than having it mappped and it leakiing and holding boost when you spending al that money for nistune, roller time and mapping.

is it likley to hold the boost you think at least for the mapping session? and if it starts to leak after i will change!

Reaction score
I know people that have the stock actuator and are running 1.2 bar + :thumbs:

Like japmadlad said you could get issues with the stock actuator not holding 1.2 bar.

Not definatly necessary mod, but if you can afford it do it :)
yeah which controller are they using to reach more this.

the SET will only let you go 100% more than stock actuator pressure.. if im wrong please tell me how its done!

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Thanks for that mate, i can afford one at the min but am wondering if its needed but i suppose there is nothing worse than having it mappped and it leakiing and holding boost when you spending al that money for nistune, roller time and mapping.

is it likley to hold the boost you think at least for the mapping session? and if it starts to leak after i will change!
Im planning on using the standard actuator when I get mine mapped, and if it does not hold the boost properly Ill get a better one :nod:

yeah which controller are they using to reach more this.
The same as you the Greddy Profec B Spec II

the SET will only let you go 100% more than stock actuator pressure.. if im wrong please tell me how its done!
Im not an expert but I dont think its the % of the stock boost pressure the EBC is refering to, its just the % of what the EBC can do. The Profec B Spec II can be used up to 3 bar from what I remember, but Im not saying that 33% means 1 bar pressure either.

You should be able to hit 1.2 bar using that EBC.

Reaction score
Im not an expert but I dont think its the % of the stock boost pressure the EBC is refering to, its just the % of what the EBC can do. The Profec B Spec II can be used up to 3 bar from what I remember, but Im not saying that 33% means 1 bar pressure either.

You should be able to hit 1.2 bar using that EBC.
Sound, can you see my logic though as im SET at 49% atm and running 0.8Bar from this

if you get a uprated actuator the % will be differnt as the actuator strength is higher to start off with so if its a 0.8 actuator you only need another 50% GAIN to acquire the 1.2 BAR needed.

whereas with the stock one 100% GAIN will see 1.1 to 1.2 Bar i will call steve in the morning and have a chat..

Reaction score
Country
I use a profec b spec II and run on 1.1bar using the stock actuator and its held up fine so far. However i have seen the unit display a tad over 18psi when using the peak boost feature.

Reaction score
ok thanks for your help anyways, is your car ok?

anyone else with a stock actuator and a Greddy Profec 2 running anymore than 1,1 bar...?

Reaction score
i can't be bothered to read all this after a few pints, but i believe what has been said is that with an EBC you'll be able to make the 1.2 you desire.

but, it's kinda wise to mechanically make nearer the boost you want, then only make an ebc slightly increase the boost, or use it to stabilize the boost to required level.

personally, for the £100 quid it'll cost to change the actuator, i'd go down that route. :)

Reaction score
i can't be bothered to read all this after a few pints, but i believe what has been said is that with an EBC you'll be able to make the 1.2 you desire.

but, it's kinda wise to mechanically make nearer the boost you want, then only make an ebc slightly increase the boost, or use it to stabilize the boost to required level.

personally, for the £100 quid it'll cost to change the actuator, i'd go down that route. :)
Cool, will have a chat with my tuner in morning.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
mate, i'm using a stock t28r actuator on a 2871r turbo and i've run 1.5 bar on it for a time with no problems - depending on how you set up the controller you can get it holding nicely, mine holds and then drops towards 1.4bar at redline. it was meant to be a temporary thing as the 2871 never came with an actuator, but its doing the job fine until i get a hks or forge adjustable.......:)