What's new

Achieving 1.2 Bar on stock actuator and Greddy Profec 2 ?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yes I won't bother either with HKS actuator unless I get leaking when I upgrade turbo. I'm glad I went for Gizzmo boost controller... don't bother working out percentages just feck around with the settings then take it for a test drive. Even how cold the ambient temps are will affect the max boost.

Mine's mapped to 1.0 bar and it holds nice. On full acceleration and esp on cold days she will tip over 1.0 bar after gear change and full throttle so I know there's plenty more the boost controller can give me back in future when she's mapped to 1.2 bar etc.

All I have currently set is:

DUTY CYCLE = 53
GAIN = 14

Feel much quicker than stock even though mapping is still at 250 bhp. POW!! :D

Reaction score
mate, i'm using a stock t28r actuator on a 2871r turbo and i've run 1.5 bar on it for a time with no problems - depending on how you set up the controller you can get it holding nicely, mine holds and then drops towards 1.4bar at redline. it was meant to be a temporary thing as the 2871 never came with an actuator, but its doing the job fine until i get a hks or forge adjustable.......:)
Good to know that thanks

Reaction score
Yes I won't bother either with HKS actuator unless I get leaking when I upgrade turbo. I'm glad I went for Gizzmo boost controller... don't bother working out percentages just feck around with the settings then take it for a test drive. Even how cold the ambient temps are will affect the max boost.

Mine's mapped to 1.0 bar and it holds nice. On full acceleration and esp on cold days she will tip over 1.0 bar after gear change and full throttle so I know there's plenty more the boost controller can give me back in future when she's mapped to 1.2 bar etc.

All I have currently set is:

DUTY CYCLE = 53
GAIN = 14

Feel much quicker than stock even though mapping is still at 250 bhp. POW!! :D
Rang my tuner and all will be fine apparently especially as its a low mileage car he said the actuator should be sweet also.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Rang my tuner and all will be fine apparently especially as its a low mileage car he said the actuator should be sweet also.
Wahoo we got there in the end :rotfl:

Have a nice cup of tea, relax and wait to have the map done, all will become clear :cool:

Reaction score
Wahoo we got there in the end :rotfl:

Have a nice cup of tea, relax and wait to have the map done, all will become clear :cool:
i just didnt want to get all the way to other side of London when im from west side of B ham to find its a wasted trip. to spend all that dollar aswell!! would not be good mate...

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
i just didnt want to get all the way to other side of London when im from west side of B ham to find its a wasted trip. to spend all that dollar aswell!! would not be good mate...
Yeah I know exactly what u mean mate, it's only natural to worry about these things, but more often that not people on here are pretty sound in their advise and knowledge.

Hope it all goes well :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Well, I'm fed up of hearing so many of you guys with similar mods but getting much more from your re-maps in terms of boost and power/torque. So I called up Steve @ FC Tuning and have booked to see him at the same time as Tom (sliding-r) this Thursday lol :D

Road trip down to Essex woop!!!!

Can't wait to get more power at the top end... boy she runs outta puff at the mo :wack:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i've got to get to steve at some point soon too, same thing, map i've got doesnt make the most of the setup......

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Well, I'm fed up of hearing so many of you guys with similar mods but getting much more from your re-maps in terms of boost and power/torque. So I called up Steve @ FC Tuning and have booked to see him at the same time as Tom (sliding-r) this Thursday lol :D

Road trip down to Essex woop!!!!

Can't wait to get more power at the top end... boy she runs outta puff at the mo :wack:
I don't understand how your only geting 250 from 0.9 bar James. If its holding 0.9 bar all the way through on a decent map then surely you should be looking more towards 300 than 250? :confused:

When we went out on Curborough Sprint Track it felt quick to me. Dont know if that was because I wasn't driving though?! :)

Edit: Sorry James, I'm not trying to put you off but If you have it mapped to 1.2 bar it will drop off to about 0.9 by the redline, so will probably feel like its running out of puff above 5500 even more than now. You want that 2871r with a set of cams and we all know it ;)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
yep i thought that too - standard sr20det on s14/a 197bhp, standard unmodified output on s15 sr2odet = 250bhp.......

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Well I'm not sure what's going on guys TBH. As I've always said Pip is a decent mapper (lots of genuine motorsport experience) although I'm not sure if he's every mapped an S14/15. I don't doubt his mapping skills but maybe something is amiss?! :wack:

I'm not thinking that going up to 300 bhp will somehow give me a massive difference and she'll be like a completely different car but for some reason Pip has kept it to 0.9 bar due to thinking the injectors will max out but I'm not sure about this as I've seen so many guys run safe up to 1.2 bar on stock injectors and pressure regulator!! I just have a feeling not going to 1.2 bar and being stuck on 0.9 is not giving me the most back for the mods. I'm certain she won't blow up @ 1.2 with Walbro, FMIC etc and the fact a year ago, her first dyno (same place WGT) she was reading near on 250 bhp and running sweet as a nut - no det, no leaning out.

If anything I'm looking for a 'second opinion' so to speak. If Steve makes a significant difference then great but if not then I guess I really will need upgrade turbo, injectors, AFM, FPR and the whole shebang before I get ANOTHER map!!! *sighs*

I shall report back on Friday after I get back. Suppose the 150+ mile trip back home on Thursday evening will be a decent test drive haha?! :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Craig - I think Curbrough felt quick because it's a very short and twisty circuit with only a small straight - was always between 2k - 4k on the revs and Pip has done a great job with the map here. I just wanted to get her up to 1.2 bar and release more cos I know the mods should allow for it!! :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, I see what you mean. The extra 0.3 bar in the midrange will certainly give you a very noticable noticable kick in the back from the extra torque.

Maybe when Pip mapped your car he saw the injectors were getting close to maxing at 0.9 bar at the red line. He may have thought that if he cranked the boost up higher (to 1.2 bar lets say) and the turbo sustained that boost to the limiter then the injectors would be maxing, which they would. But with the stock turbo the boost tails off at higher revs, thus the duty on the injectors doesn't keep increasing at the same rate as it would if it held the 1.2 bar. That would just be knowledge gained from mapping many S14/15's previously Hope that makes sense!! :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah totally makes sense - I know Pip is trying to preserve my engine and is safe with his mapping but I'm just trying to follow suit on other SR engine owners who don't have a problem with 1.2 bar as long as higher octane fuel is used and there's remap work done to the car :)

Cheers mate!!