What's new

rattle now and then :S very annoying

Reaction score
Country
i have just read a thread and im thinking its the same thing but now and then just below 3000rpm when the exhuast note sounds pretty high which could cause some vibration theres a rattly noise it doesnt sound internal and doesnt rattle when idleing at that rpm.

in another thread someone has said it was there cat heat shield could this possibly be the same?

D

djmasterg

Hi

I have the same situation here : nothing until 3500 rpm but then - up to 4000, 4200 rpm additional rattle. On next wednesday I will be changing exaust manifold, gaskets, puting new braided lines to turbo, so I will have a look on this rattling - maybe its some kind of metal heat shileld, which got loose after winter.

Reaction score
Country
hey

ahh really.i never notice the rattle till down a narrow road with walls or cars next to me so the sound rebounds of walls if you get me so i can hear it.yee if you find anything please let me know il appreciate it very much :)

from what i have read im hoping it is the cat heat shield :)

Reaction score
Country
might pay to have a look for any stones that may have become lodged up in there, noticed a few in mine a few months back when i took the cat out, must have got flicked up when a road was being resealed as they were stuck on rather well with a bit of tar.

Jay

Reaction score
i have a rattle that turns out to be my i/c hard pipe rattling where it goes through the battery tray. i just live with it atm because im getting some new pipework made up.

Reaction score
Country
i have a rattle that turns out to be my i/c hard pipe rattling where it goes through the battery tray. i just live with it atm because im getting some new pipework made up.
year this can be a issue as it can wear a hole through the piping, had this once where some muppet left the nuts off the engine mounts and the piping was rubbing in two different places, would have been a good boost leak