What's new

Rocker Cover Removal

Reaction score
Country
lol i thought i recognised that pic :thumbs:

Its a really easy job, just try not to loose the rubber washers on each of the nuts as there expensive to replace apparently.
I'd deffo go for new gaskets; i ripped the main one in two whilst removing the cover and to be super sure it wouldn't leak i used a bead of Loctite liquid gasket all the way round as well as the Nissan rubber gasket.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
will call you up on that one!! i snapped one on my s14a so yes you can snap them ;) they are only m8 so the torque will not be greater than 25Nm so a 1/4 drive wrench is ideal :D

my trick is to use some vasiline on the rubber haskets so they stick to the cover. install the cover rearward first, make sure that the two rubber dowels are in their slots or it will leak oil. then manoeuvre the cover untill its sits flush, you will feel it slot int ect when it does.

When installing the fixings do it from adjacent corners so the torque is distributed evenly, and work inboard.
what i meant was that rather than gradually getting tigther, they just go tight all of a sudden when they bottom out. that means stop tightening lol ;)

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
you cant really over tighten them either as they have a tapered collar that bottoms out when its tight.
I didnt over tighten them dude I actualy threded the cylinder head at the front drivers side where there is 2 bolts right next to each other where the fuel rail is so the bolt just spins round now if I was to try and put it back in lol :wack: oops

Tooley thats actualy quite a smart wee trick I will be stealing that off you the next time I take the cover off :rotfl:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Awesome... I'll get in touch with LK Drifter today :)

And since we're digressing lol...

TRUNK = BOOT
FENDER = BUMPER
GAS = PETROL
KM ~= 2/3 MILE

:p

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
S15AK - honestly mate without blowing my own trumpet it's a great feeling to take the plunge and get working on the car yourself. I've even surprised myself cos about 18 months ago, I'd never done an oil change on ANY car or even swapped brake pads out etc. But I had enough of dropping the car off and paying to get small jobs done so starting with oil/filter service, sandwich plate and Defi sensors I then moved onto stuff like boost controller, brake disc/pads, turbo gaskets, braided lines, elbow + downpipe etc. I'm still learning but it's taking that inital dive into the unknown that's the most difficult.

Luckily I've got good mates who have always been working on their own cars to help me out but as you go along, your confidence will grow and even now when I get stuck, I rarely have to call a mate cos I can usually work out a certain method to get round problems lol :)
Yeah I know, but I've had a go in the past and buggered stuff up. Cross threaded spark plugs, popped a master brake cylinder when changing brake pads, popped fuses changing light bulbs lol.. I'm jinxed when it comes to working on cars :(