What's new

exhaust manifold question

D

djmasterg

Hi guys

I will need to change my exhasut manifold to turbo gasket, so I probably also change a manifold itself. But I am not sure where to search for good one ( durable - I do not want to change it for couple of years ). Are those on ebay any good? Or should I choose one somewhere else. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i can't comment on the others, but my horsham developments one is holding up nicely. i have heard japspeed are ok too but all manifolds have the possibilty of cracking - even the standard ones.....

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If you havent done so already I'd do the turbo elbow at the same time as IIRC this is more restrictive than the manifold itself.

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
I've got a top mount Japspeed mainfold and it all seems fine :)
soz to hijack a little but did u have any problems fitting the manifold with the abs unit next to it, read somewere they can be a pain to fit cause of them clashing or somthing.

Hopefully the Spec T version from them shouldnt be a problem either

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
not sure pal, as when I bought the car it already had a top mount (all be it a nasty one), so I change it for the Japspeed one. I'll have to check on the abs unit. (got a feeling I might not even have abs on my s15)...

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
If you get the one from Horsham I believe there is no issue with clearance against anything on the car like ABS unit etc.

I've not bothered with one yet as the info I get is that this won't really produce more bhp until you're starting to run a lot more power than stock... but I guess this is formed on opinions rather than hard factual evidence :wack: I just don't wanna run the risk of one cracking unless there are major benfits. If my stock mani fails then I will deffo make this upgrade tho :)

Also dunno about all the brands available like Horsham/Apex/Japspeed/Tomei/HKS but I've heard some will force the turbo unit to drop lower than standard fitment which can make it a ball ache to attached the downpipe properly after the new mani is installed??

Reaction score
The Tomei unit is a very nice bit of kit,a few mates have them and have had no issues with fitment and cracking. You will need to put some heat sheilding around your ABS unit and I would also do the power steering reservior.

Jay

Reaction score
i just replaced my mani, care of an emergency help from craig, who just happened to have the horsham mani sat on his shelf at home! this was fitted and due to it slightly altering the angle of the turbo, it means there is now a rattle from the heatshield. aside from this minor problem, i have only praise for the HD mani. :thumbs:

D

darkphoenix

I tried to fit a japspeed spec t mani to mine the other day and it wouldnt go on. It wasn't "a close fit to the abs module". It physically involved my having to undo the abs module from the bracket, remove the whole bracket assy and pulling the abs module 3 inchest away from the mani just to clear it. Not impressed, sent the bloody thing back, gone for a tomei instead as i've heard theyre pretty good and will actually fit!