What's new

Got my car back but really pissed off!!!

Curryzz

Reaction score
Im just posting as some of you may have had similar problems before,Well it all started with my car feeling like it had a missfire it wasnt that bad but had a stange rumble to it like a scooby but wasnt an obvious missfire because some times it was ok,just on idle it sounded bad then when i pulled a way it judddered horribly, so anyway, took it too a company called RAW MOTORSPORT in southampton who i have delt with before and normaly do a good job, but this time not at all, i picked it up last nite after work with a bill of �963.00 :cry:

Most off the money was parts
1 Splitfire coil packs
2 Plugs
3 injectors sent away and refurbed
4 ECU sent away and checked

So got in, started up,drove down the road and was smoking and running so ****, i was not very happy, turned round and we popped the bonnet, the dump valve had fallen off f:down: not a good start, then once that was back on i left RAW again and it was ok untill it warmed up, no missfire but was just really unsmooth and horrible to drive, then it all started, everytime i put the clutch down the revs dropped and it cut out,(losing power steering mid corner) its still doing this now and i woke up this morning to find a puddle of oil on the garage floor :mad: i did get them to fit a sandwich plate for my oil pressure gauge so the oil could be from when they done that but im so annoyed because they had the car for a month and it just seems they have made it worse, i have now dropped my car down to PPI (pro performance international) what a joke! The car is running standard power and is a good genuine car but the original fault has turned into a bigger problem, PPI seem to know their stuff but aren't starting it till next week, more money! So could be another 500 pound or so :annoyed:

:down: So seems like now i just have a sensor failing or something, its firing fine but doesnt boost smooth and keeps cutting out when i put the clutch down:cry:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Soz to hear about this dude :( JOKERS!!! grrrrrrr...

Well if it's rumbling and misfiring like a Scoob then it should have been one or more of the coilpacks failing. So now they've done that plus the plugs, cleaning of injectors etc all those bits should be ok. I'd be very cynical and check whether the plugs were really changed as they could have charged you but thought you'd never check!! I'm thinking the plugs were probs ok and didn't need changing etc.

Yep - when you first collect the car and it was smoking and running bad, the fact that the DV had fallen off means big hole, no pressure and air to get to plenum so it's the same symptom as then intercooler pipes come apart.

My hunting probs which only started after my Apexi PFC remap (car would also cut out mid-corner when revs dropped) has 99% gone away now that I went from Blitz DV on hotpipe to HKS SSQV replacing the stock re-circ unit. Make sure you check your DV to see whether that is leaking on idle which is causing the car to drive so bad?! And goes without saying all the boost pipes etc should be checked as well :)

sx-si

Reaction score
if a garage has ****ed it up and they have to fix it for free
there paid to fix a fault
they cant let it leave if its developed more faults , either by luck or there **** up

dont drive it if its leeking oil as your going to lose oil pressure then things go bang - mainly turbo or engine

proablly oil filter isnt quite done up enough
also the revs dropping is normally because there is a bov/ dump valve on it
or more likly a small boost leek or worse case crack in manifold or turbo , or even leeking gasket

if your still having issues after this garage pop over to my unit and ill take a look at it for you

Curryzz

Reaction score
Cheers lads,the guy at ppi said hes guna check the bov for me so thats good, oh and i no what ya saying about they should fix it but iv lost all trust and dont want them touching it anymore, sure you can understand that:) cheers sx-si, the walbro is in aswell now:) could a lamda sensor make it run rubbish aswell?

S

S15 SILVIA

Would the car running like that usually bring on any fault codes etc?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I would definately go back to the first company and complain loudly. Do this before you get it fixed elsewhere. As soon as someone else touches it they then start blaming each other for the faults. You paid a small fortune for the first company to fix you car, make them fix it, even if you have to stand there and watch them. Don't let them off the hook and then pay more money for someone else to fix it.

Reaction score
I would have to agree with Meddler! I understand You dont trust them any more but you spent £900 to have the car worse!!!?? Make sure they fix it and fix it PROPERLY!!!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
The other option is demand your money back. You will probably be only able to recover the price of their labour, but at least it's something.

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
The lamda sensor can be easily checked also by performing a simple diagnostic check which would take anyone that knows what there doing less than a couple mins to check

a faultly sensor in fairness WOULD make the car run off, especially if its NOT factory

Curryzz

Reaction score
Silvia is alive,ok so the problem was a mixture of an 02 sensor gone and also the bov was set too soft and the car didnt like it, i have an ajustable one:) So PPI fixed this then went on to do an oil and filter change and to check for the oil leak which was quite bad, as i said it was the sandwich plate been bodged and was leaking in four places, so he cleaned it all up and its all sorted and running sweet:) and to anyone in the south pro performance internatonal are really good and will 100% be going back to them for all my work!

IM HAPPY NOW lol