What's new

Uprated Gearbox Mount?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Apex do 2 versions.. 'Street' and 'Race'.

The street ones are supposed to be as firm as the Nismo's and the race ones are harder still, but are still rubber. From what I've read the Driftworks ones are similar to the Apex 'race' version :)

I'd guess about 30mins to do the mounts in a workshop with the right tools, providing all goes to plan!

:)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Nice1 Craig :)

Yeah I've just called Apex and the girl said they do two versions as you say. Cost is £90 for the engine mounts which I believe there are 2 bits for this.

However, she wasn't sure whether the S14 gearbox mount fits the S15? I wasn't sure myself since the gearboxes are different.

In any case I'm biting the bullet and ordering the DW engine + box mounts. I'm ok coping with the harshness. At least it's not welded or full on metal bushes lol!!! :wack:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, they are the same, both engine mounts and box mount :) YHPM

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
quick update - i took the car for a decent drive today and have nothing nasty to report at all with the apex street gearbox mount. no extra noises, no vibration just the transmission feels a lot better. before when accelerating really hard and lifting off to change gear the box would wobble making it easier to miss a gear, but now the shifter is pretty static and feels great. 100% reccommended cheap modification :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
well if its the same deal as this mate, you'll be pleased :)