What's new

Do i realy need a BOV?

Reaction score
Just a quick one do i realy need a BOV or can i continue to use the OEM recirculation valve?
Im fitting a 3071r tubo 256 cams De jetro 740 injectors, will haveing a recirculation valve restrict its performence?
I got a turbo smart vee port but with the ARC intake pipe dosent alowe much room for one
but the OEM unit pipes up realy nice and i dont care about makeing blow off noises

Reaction score
As you are in Australia,I would recommend upgrading the stock unit with a GFB Stealth FX BOV. It sits on the stock mount under the fuse box,uses all the standard plumbing and is fully adjustable.
You will get more reliability from it then the stock as you upgrade the performance.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Failing that you MUST modify the stock recirc valve otherwise it will leak for sure on higher boost!!

Craig put up a thread recently on how to do this ;)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Yes, unmodified OEM ones do leak at around 15psi

Reaction score
but dose this stand up agenst an after market BOV such as a HKS one or something
like is there any point in buying an after market?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
if you are fitting a d-jetro then you can fit any aftermarket dump valve as long as it can hold the boost pressure - re-circing isn't essential anymore due to being map and not maf :)