What's new

air con removal

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i need to pick you lots brains :)

though the silvia has aircon, i have never ever used it as with my previous 2 cars, i'd just rather open a window and get fresh air. anyway, with this in mind and considering that it would save a bit of weight, improve flow through the intercooler and rad and de clutter the engine bay a bit, do you think removal of the system is worth doing?

if it was a mercedes or bmw i'd understand that this would have a major impact on value and saleability but on a car like the silvia, i cant see it ever being a deal breaker if i ever came to sell down the line.....

Reaction score
I know a few guys who have removed it,mainly for weight, less pulley drag and better air flow to the radiator. They have kept the bits if they ever on sell the car.

Reaction score
Country
dont hold me to this, i was told that you will save approx 40kg and increase about 4% power from removing the pulley from removing it, the weight thing could be referring to a diff car setup then the S15

J

JapanS15

I'd say go for it! Just keep all the parts if you decide to sell it, so the new owner would have the option to reinstall them and charge it up.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
well i may well go ahead - over the winter i'm planning on pulling the engine and fixing an oil leak thats been getting on my nerves.....thats when it will be easiest. i'm assuming that re fitting is just a case of re installing all the parts and having the system re-gassed? not that i'd be doing it, but if its not a hard re-fit then thats just a bonus :)