What's new

what is this?

Reaction score
Not sure what it is, but does come supplied with some after market fuel pumps such as Tomei.

R

Race.Fi

I have a few guesses here:
1.) A cutoff valve you can manually use when doing maintenance? seems unlikely tough.
2.) A one-way valve which prevents fuel to flow back to the tank when the car is turned off.
3.) An oil pressure switch. Some cars have an oil pressure switch which cuts the fuel if the pressure drops too much. I recall this was found on some US cars rather than japanese, but cant say for sure. The tread at the bottom would indicate a pressure switch at least. Try blowing in it a few times to see which way it flows =)

EDIT: I am actually betting on #3. as "A valve cut" ?=> "auxillary cut-off valve"?

To anwer your question: Dont fit it if you dont know what it's for. You could just cause more trouble if you happen to install it the wrong way around. Just remember to prime your fuel pump before starting the car in case the part is a one-way valve to prevent fuel flowing back to the tank.

-Willem

Last edited:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
FAST says it's an RB26DETT fuel valve. Looks like it's fitted between the fuel tank cover and fuel pump.