What's new

Getting my Car mapped soon need some advise!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah Ray Tsang is getting 400 bhp+ easy with I believe all the mods above and HKS GT-RS (comparable I believe to the 2871r). However he's running his setup on that E85 (never remember that number lol??) which is high octance rating... rocket fuel lol :D

I'd be more than happy to get to Dean's level - 350 bhp with everything running smooth and safe... plus I still want response not a big laggy turbo for drag racing and having to rag the hell out of it just to get her to open up.

Tom - I think I'm still a while away from this so it's injectors first, another remap - fingers crossed 300 bhp @ 1.2 bar. Then onto cooling mods... haven't even got bigger rad with leccy fans yet lol. Suspension stuff and then back onto engine mods ;)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i've heard very good things about steve - let us know how you get on ;)

Reaction score
Country
Yeah Ray Tsang is getting 400 bhp+ easy with I believe all the mods above and HKS GT-RS (comparable I believe to the 2871r). However he's running his setup on that E85 (never remember that number lol??) which is high octance rating... rocket fuel lol :D

I'd be more than happy to get to Dean's level - 350 bhp with everything running smooth and safe... plus I still want response not a big laggy turbo for drag racing and having to rag the hell out of it just to get her to open up.

Tom - I think I'm still a while away from this so it's injectors first, another remap - fingers crossed 300 bhp @ 1.2 bar. Then onto cooling mods... haven't even got bigger rad with leccy fans yet lol. Suspension stuff and then back onto engine mods ;)
dont excatly have everything in above.

im still running standard internals.
just bigger injectors and fuel pump. and gtrs running 1.2/1.3 bar.
getting 430bhp from fly and over 400ft/lb torque at fly.

The E85 really is rocket fuel.

it run's alot cooler then petrol so less det. i could run higher boost but im not gonna chance it.
MHG and cams are on the cards and possible running 1.5 bar as im sure on e85 the pistons wont melt :wack:

sliding-r
i would recommend fuel pump if you dont already have it and bigger injectors if you want to run 1.2bar then you be look at z32 afm.

Reaction score
sliding-r
i would recommend fuel pump if you dont already have it and bigger injectors if you want to run 1.2bar then you be look at z32 afm.
Fuel pump is done already dude..

done FMIC, EBC, Free Flow Exhaust + decat + elbow, Apexi Filter..

gonna see what the stock injectors will happily flow too without pushing them, i have been told 300 is easy enough

i trust steve and have known him for years, the car is low mileage and im gonna run some injector cleaner through + oil and plug service prior to the tune.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
that is an amazing figure for a stock turbo - i never knew you could get anywhere over 320 MAXIMUM with the standard turbo

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
kinda makes me wonder why i'm 'only' producing 350 on a 2871r with cams.....possibly due to the fact that the map runs pretty rich.....

Reaction score
This is why i want to use steve, the fuel economy is supposed to be pretty good aswell after...

dont want to speak to soon though- Finger crossed !

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
well i know there is more in there - i've always felt that. i am starting to get determined to go for another map sooner rather than later, you talking about it and bumping into jez8553 the other day doesnt help - he mentioned the same symptons i've had with fouling plugs and also was another person to mention using steve saddler for a new map. it seems every time i talk to jez i start spending money in my head :rotfl:

Reaction score
Country
Dean 350bhp does sound abit low for all the mods you have.

i would be expecting close to 380+ expecially with cams cams.
what boost you running again?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i made the 357 at 1.3 bar with good torque 345ib/ft so the blowers got loads left in it.....may get it remapped, trim the fuelling right back but still safe, set up 1.5-1.6 bar hi boost and 1.1 bar low. i'd love to make 330+ atw....

Reaction score
I'm going for 555cc injectors as I like to play on the safe side... looking at 350 bhp once I get tubby and AFM sorted. Also, I'm not paying Ni$mo prices and was chatting to good mate Keith who works in FIA GT racing prepping Porsche race cars etc. He also tunes and runs his very own 600 bhp R34 GTR. He says there's no need to get Ni$mo injectors as the likes of Bosch or other brands are used in racing and do the same job for much less the price so I'll be speaking to him more about this :)

For some reason my mapper did not want to go past 0.9 bar and kept max power to 250 bhp because he was worried the injectors were starting to max out (maybe mine are slightly blocked or fouling up??)... so it's a good idea to upgrade before I try a remap again and get boost to 1.2 bar. However, even with remap and all the cooling/exhaust mods, I'm getting +50 bhp and +60 lb ft torque in the mid-range and you can deffo feel the difference!!! Coupled with the Gizzmo boost controller there's more urgency in the stock tubby and similar to what Craig says, the only major issue now is with no top end power, she accelerates nice but totally runs out of puff past 5,500 rmp :(

Also I'd deffo recommend getting the rear pads upgraded. For one, if you want to play with the wand when drifting stock pads - forget it lol!! Also getting proper brake balance with good sets of front/rear pads is a good move as well...

J
http://www.fctuning.com/FCTUNING/MEDIA/Entries/2009/5/12_Tuning_the_Nissan_200sx_S15.html

this is what steve can do with 0.9 bar mate 290bhp

Reaction score
I cant wait to get mine mapped, Steve is sorting it out for me :thumbs:

Last edited: