Useful Defi cabling...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Just got my second Defi BF through and took a look at how to cable them with the Control Unit. Discovered that only the Control Unit has a Meter Cable of a length anywhere near being useful :rant: Both the meters have a Meter Cable 25cm, which is only of any use if they were all mounted right next to each other :rolleyes: :annoyed:

So I've got to buy a separate Meter Cable to get them both working...

Also, where do people locate the Control Unit?

D

Derek

Nicely i have seen them in the armrest pocket or just below radio. i think personally i wouldn't have it on view or else screw it on below the steering wheel. At the bottom flat bit near before the pedals..

Reaction score
yeah you need to buy an 1 or 2mtr defi link cable if you plan to mount the controller anywhere away from next to your first guage. This is what I had to do. I couldn't remember the cost of the cable as I had a friend pick it up from Japan when he went on a parts smuggling mission for me :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I've made my own. Amazing what you can do with a length of speaker cable, wire cutters, a soldering iron and shrink wrap... :D

K

khoala

Nicely said:
I've made my own. Amazing what you can do with a length of speaker cable, wire cutters, a soldering iron and shrink wrap... :D
hahaha
that's what i did also to get from the centre console to the a pillar

much easier fix...though i do have like a metre of excess cabling that has been zipped tied and hidden under the dash

Reaction score
they must have given you 25cm cabling on purpose so their cabling kits would sell hahaha :p

K

khoala

well if you have all the guages together (as most cars do) the 25cm cable is sufficient and the 1metre usually reaches to the Control unit.
most ppl have it all around the centre of teh car,but wanting to utilise my jdm a-pillar i had one guage there and the other 3 in the vents