What's new

SpecR Brake upgrade - caliper decisions!

Reaction score
Are the Z32 fronts direct interchangeable? Any pictures (assuming they're slightly differnet to the cast ones) :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I believe so, as are the R33GTST and the R32GTR. I have just purchased a set of R32GTR calipers and discs. I will hopefully get them fitted soon..... Another thing on my list!

Reaction score
My job this weekend is to swap over my GTT ER34 brakes to my S14.5. The GTT is getting GTR34 brembos, also note that the GTT and R34 brembos use a thicker bolt so what my plan is is to widen the two bolt holse on the knuckle. I have already swapped skyline 4.36 diff, alxes and removed the S14/S15 hubs and swapped the skyline hubs as well with the dustshield and handbrake setup and new R33 handbrake cables. I have adjusted the brake shoes and they bite spot on. Just waiting to get the rear calipers painted and put on and then bleed the entire system with Motul 5.1 fluids ;).

Reaction score
Country
Looks like Z32 calipers - not sure why you want to swap them into the 15 though? They use they same rotor size and you wouldnt get much of an upgrade

Get at least the R33 GTST brakes - they are bigger than the 15 brakes and takes 296mm rotors, stock is 280mm rotors, this is bolt on

Or the cheapest largest brake is the R34 GTT ones - as noted by Wing, 310mm but you need to drill the hub for 14mm bolt

Reaction score
Country
You can get a bigger brake setup by DB-Power that uses the Z32 calipers. which should make a big improvment. Have a look on his section on the SXOC.

Reaction score
So I've confirmed they're Z32 Turbo ones which are straight swap exactly for S15. Just much lighter!! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
..........:eek:....looks like they're built wrong or is a mismatch pair. One has 34mm clearance for the disc and one only has 31mm. Looks like may be difference between Z32 NA and TT options :(