What's new

Intercooler Piping

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anyone know the size and shape of the intercooler piping you get with the Apex Type 1 FMIC?

Cheers

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
bit hard to explain the shape mate, hotpipe isnt included, you get a small j shaped piece for the drivers side outlet to cold pipe and the twisted s shaped pipe thru the battery tray. the hot side from standard hot pipe to intercooler is a straight length with a approx 90 degree turn on either end. cold side pipework same size id as throttle body inlet, hot side same id as standard hot pipe - i know the measurements would help more but i havent the car atm and you can check your sizes on yours ;)

Reaction score
Cheers for the reply mate, unfortunately I was stupid and when I said piping I meant hoses! :wack: Sorry mate!!

I want to change all the visable blue ones you get with the kit to purple :thumbs:

Im not sure on the bore of each side but I think ill be looking at something like this....

2 x 3" straight
1 x 2" straight
1 x 3" > 2" reducer
1 x 2" 90 bend

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
hope he doesnt mind me saying so but i'd ask darren, he ordered all orange replacement samco hoses for his apex type 1 kit much more recently than me - maybe he still has an invoice lying around ;)