What's new

Need Advice - HKS SSQV Recirc Setup

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
All S15 BOV kits that I have seen plumb into the hotpipe. Its part of the kit.

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
indeed but there are also kits for the cold side. therefore i dont think it makes a difference.

"Shouldnt" was the wrong choice of word lol.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I've called Dan @ SRB Power and he's suggested the HKS SSQV 3 kit specifically designed for the S15. I'm not sure if it will mount on the coldpipe side - I'm hoping it does but in any case it will be recirced :)

Thanks for all the help again guys!!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Can anyone confirm whether the SSQV 3 kit for the S15 will be ok to install considering I don't have 'regular' FMIC piping (see image of my engine bay from previous page)??

Cheers

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
wow so many posts already...

The cold pipe off your throttle body is OEM isn't it? If that's the case then the HKS kit will mount perfectly.

Also, other than Blitz, I don't know of any other quality Japanese brand that mounts the BOV on the hotpipe... all the kits I've seen mount it on the coldpipe - as close to the throttle body as practically possible. The reason for this is because when the TB is slammed shut the reversion starts at the TB and hence the BOV will be there to relieve the pressure soonest.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hey Wing :wave: Thanks for confirming...

Just to make sure, I've done a pic of how I think the SSQV III kit will fit together with my stock cold pipe setup:

Please don't laff... I did get my 6 year old to draw this lol ;)

Anyways, I'm getting the SSQV kit but not sure if it really does come with everything I need? I know I get the BOV unit plus the flange and recirc adaptor but what about the recirc (output) and BOV intake (input) pipes?

Also I've seen a pic of the kit with all the bits out of the box (this was for Evo not S15)... On the Evo the BOV can mount easily since the recirc literally plumbs in direct to their air induction intake pipe and the whole unit just sits on top of this induction pipe!!

If I was to use the OEM recirc take off from the cold pipe which then has a pipe that then goes to the BOV intake flange... surely this is not stiff/strong enough to hold the BOV in place?! How can I get it secure cos there doesn't seem to be brackets that you can attach to the SSQV :(

Cheers :wack:

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
man that is some artistic talent you have there ;)

And yes thats spot on, that is how mine is going to plum together.

The pipe is hard rubber not much flex, you get brackets with it hang on will go get a pic of mine for you

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
haha cheers mate - my mum always said I liked drawing inside of engine bays since I was a nipper lol :D

Ah didn't know you get brackets with the kit - that was my main worry!!

So... guess I'll still have to buy the long pipe that feeds the recirc adaptor back to the air intake pipe? I'm deffo not using the OEM nasty plastic version!! Any ideas on the internal diameter for this hose??

Cheers