What's new

Car runing like a bag of ****e since an hour ago!

Curryzz

Reaction score
Hi as tittle says i think its an oxygen sensor as my air/fuel gauge has stop reading anything but its jumping around all over the place when i pull away, sounds very unheathy, anyone had this prob? Tryin to work out if it is the O2 sensor? HELP

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Does it sound like an Impreza when you rev it? If so, It'll be a coilpack mate.

Curryzz

Reaction score
It sounded like a scooby last night on idle but i started it this morning and sounds normal, its when i drive it, it struggles to pull away then once up to speed, 80 in 6th its ok but put my foot down it boosts then feels like its cutting out for a second, maybe fuel problem or spark problem, hmmm im worried about driving it now but need for work

Reaction score
Country
i would firstly do what Aus15 said , take you AFM off and spray contact cleaner over the two sensor wires, but just dont touch them, then take the filter off and start the car and see if that makes if it run any smoother if not that one possibility out the way that simple to check. providing you are still running the stock AFM with a aftermarket filter like a pod.

I had a problem which sounds just like yours with my car about 2 months ago and it was just the way the air was ducted into the engine bay which caused to much turbulence over the sensor. removed the ducting and made sure the filter was positioned so it could suck air evenly all around it and its fine. ( Stupid type of AFM, the Z32 or RB ones never have that problem)

Curryzz

Reaction score
Thanks for that iv got my car at the garage now with my mate so il c how he gets on and let you no what the fault is with the car :)

Reaction score
My s15 started miss firing the other nite whipped the coils off, spark plugs out. (They looked quite black so i'll b re-newing them short) whacked them back in refitted the coils, hasn't caused any problems since.

sorry cuzzy to high jack ur thread but this questions semi related:

does any one know whether the s15 run narrow band or wide band lambda? Its just i got a innovate wideband lambda kit plus gauge which i wish to install on the s15. I must configure one of the controller outputs to supply the necessary signal to the ecu.

G

Glen

Sounds like its missing. Unplug one coilpack at a time and see which one isnt firing.

Curryzz

Reaction score
UPDATE: spoke to my technician today and he replaced the plugs first as they looked a bit tired and he said they should of not been in the car in the first place as they are for an N/A car, so anyway after that still running ****e so we went with looking at the coil packs and bingo that seems to be the problem on cylinder 1, he is going to fit a set off splitfire coilpacks for me(pricey:( ) and see what it runs like then, he said it should feel alot beter and they are good quality products, i have heard of them but never used them. Only thing thats bugging me is why did my air fuel ratio gauge stop working,surly it would still read something?it still has power to it,just doesnt move anymore,its like it given up haha

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Only thing thats bugging me is why did my air fuel ratio gauge stop working,surly it would still read something?it still has power to it,just doesnt move anymore,its like it given up haha
Probably because it was waaaay too rich and out of readable limits. I wouldnt worry.

Curryzz

Reaction score
Yeah iv been told they last a while and be perfectly fine for when i raise the power aswell,oh and il find out about the gauge when i pick it up,bloody thing has been nightmar,The joy of cars,should pay off for the show season:)

S

S15 SILVIA

How much have you been quoted for the coil packs?
See they sell some on e-bay,
I presume they are genuine splitfire?

Curryzz

Reaction score
i think he charging me 390 mate, he supplyed them and so so i spect he added a bit on:(

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i may need some of these soon - i'm just trying a new plug at the moment (back to good old copper) and if that doesnt sort my problem....coils it surely must be $$$

Curryzz

Reaction score
just a thought dean i will have 3 spair ones hopefully(coil packs) when i pick my car up as only one failed so could get one up to you.