What's new

converting AT to MT

C

chirubia

Is it worth it??? i'm thinkin about the Nismo 6speed and any1 have any ideas about what else i hav to get such as, cluth, pedal, and etc.???
AND will this change mess up my car???, i mean would it be better to leave it as AT coz i use it as a daily drive.

K

kenji

That's a very expensive gearbox if you're gonna go for a conversion. Most ppl would get their hands on an S13 or S14 5-speed gearbox for their conversion, as it is much stronger than the stock 6-speed. The price of the conversion depends also on what kind of clutch u use. I'd sell the auto and get a manual S15 if I were you :)

C

chirubia

yeah its been a long time since i post this thread...anyway i've found the 6 speed s15 gearbox and others stuff already...maybe i'll change it before new year
thx for the ans. :nod:

S

S15R

nismo gears are 4000aud + shipping, personally i think its worth it or other choice is the HPI complete gearbox :D it has Nismo gear ratios and handle more torque :thumbs:

K

kenji

How much are the HPI gearboxes for s15's? I just find the stock ones rubbish :p they just sound like they'are about to fly apart.

B

Brad

Go a Power FC for a manual S15 at the same time to avoid issues with gearchanges also. :)

Brad.

C

chirubia

i already got the whole thing except the gear console...so hard to find it seperately :cry:

S

s15 ste

Why did I buy a god damb automatic!!

All I want is a manual :cry:

Anyone any help on where I can find one and get it to the UK?

I cant read japanese so finding it quite difficult looking on yahoo auctions in japan!!

What I really want is an engine, 6 speed box, clutch pedal, brake pedal, clutch cylinder, prop shaft and helical diff!! I know I dont want much :D

Any help would be appreciated!!

Steve

Oh yea flywheel and clutch!!!

K

kenji

chirubia said:
i already got the whole thing except the gear console...so hard to find it seperately :cry:
Go to wreckers and find some s15 halfcuts, they should have those gear consoles :)

S

s15 ste

I wish it was that easy!!!

All our cars are imports over here and therefore hard to find and even harder in a breakers yard!!

Hmmmm, my sister lives over in Oz. Wonder if she would wrap one up and stick it in the post!

I wouldn't mind getting all the bits imported if it was at the right price.

Anyone know if companies import engines and stuff to the UK?