What's new

S15 quick shift for 6mt

A

Ansch

I'm thinging of the C's as well. I was told URAS makes one for the 6mt but their website specified only 5mt?

L

lj~R

Nicely said:
The wrong gearbox oil can also wear the synchro (eg Redline Heavy Shockproof).
LightWeight ShockProof as well ~kill synchro cones

Reaction score
Is not cheap or anything, nothing like a special offer. Is just that you cant get them anymore even you got the money. He is getting them at around ?180 I think.

From what I heard and read, apparently this c's shifter totally transform the standard horrible and lose shift to a S2000 style slick and quick shift.

Hence I am getting one :thumbs:

L

lj~R

Nicely said:
Why is it recommended for S15 gearboxes, then?
I haven't heard the lightweight shockproof is good for s15 so I'm not sure.
But I've used it once for around 5weeks and frist roughy18 days is quite normal.
after that starting issues with shifting to 2nd & 3rd.(got noise with shift to 2nd before) and get worse with lighweight shorkproof. Went to see mechanical he told me don't use lighweight shorkproof or Heavy Shockproof. it kiils synchro

Reaction score
Country
guys
got my C's shifter installed. have to say im loving it...

the only thing i have to say is the reverse gear is so difficult to get into,
any of you guys got the same problem??

Reaction score
Country
it does feel very solid..

havent missed any gears at all....

its got to be a must have, 1st to 2nd just feels so fast and good. great for those take offs at the lights :thumbs:

Reaction score
Mine should be here very soon :wave: .

I think is worth every penny, becasue you spend most of the time on your shift knob when you driving :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Reverse is an absolute biatch on mine. Hopefully something which will be rectified in the not too distant future... ;)

A

Ansch

Justs ordered my c's :D For those who've got it for the s15, I assume it retains the 12mm tread for the gear knob? Has anyone got the install instructions they can post up?

Also, S15R, your solution to reducing the sound is using the sound deadening mat from jay car? (If it's the same thick heavy rubber mat materials then I've used them before glueing on door trims to stop speaker rattle) Did you simply cut to size and lay it on top of the square metal plate?

Reaction score
Havnt been on here for a while.... :rolleyes:

How much does the c's shifter reduce the throw by????

A

Ansch

Just to upadate.. had the c's shifter installed. Can't say exactly how much it reduces the throw by but it is definitely shorter and more direct. The whole shifter feels more solid and not much free play. It's definitely worth it IMO. The only thing, again, is the slight increase in noise level. It's actually not too bad once I installed it "properly" and put some sound deadening materials around it. But I think most of the noise still comes through the thin rubber boot that covers the bracket where the shifter ball sits. Just pretend you have a dog box :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I weakened.

Got impatient waiting for Nengun to get C's back in stock (its been months). Bought the last one homerrules had on offer on NS.com. ?150/$370 :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
I weakened.

Got impatient waiting for Nengun to get C's back in stock (its been months). Bought the last one homerrules had on offer on NS.com. ?150/$370 :D
You weak bastard ;) :D :wave:

Reaction score
Nicely said:
I weakened.

Really thats very interesting cause I paid for that short shifter a few days ago now (its for a friend) and am waiting for it to be delivered :rant:

A

Ansch

That's the same guy I bought mine from :D

The gearbox is still quite noise even when I put the factory rubber boot over the C's boot. I'm tempted to change the oil in the box sometime. It's got castrol syntrans at the moment and I'm looking at the Motul gear 300. Any experiences/ recommendations?