What's new

Coilover ajdusment

L

luckyali

total noob ere...Wanted to know to how would i adjust my HKS Hyperpro MAx coil overs they are too stiff want to soften them.
Anyone know any garages in ireland who specialized in coilover adjustment ?

Reaction score
You would have to change your coilover springs with a softer spring as the spring rates for those coilovers are quite stiff. Finding springs to fit and at a softer rate will be your issue. You might be better off selling those coilovers and getting something softer.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
You can but the springs are so stiff that you can't really soften them up too much!!! I get mine set up in JOMO Engineering but they're in kilucan which is the far side of kinnegad, well worth it though :thumbs: He sets mine up; the grip is unreal and the tyres wear evenly right to the end of their legal lifespan....

L

luckyali

The car is real bumpy feel every bump in the car even though there arent any.

wat are the best coilovers to go for? or should i jus go back to uprated shocks with lowering springs??

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Depends on what you want really, you have the best coilovers for drifting! If you're planning on doing a lot of trackdays Driftworks CS2's are brilliant but if you're not they're a bit too stiff on the road for a daily (but more comfortable than the HKS! ) HSD, Apex etc do some comfy coilovers which appear to be good as does the Nismo shocks and springs but I've not used any of them....