What's new

Tomei ECU and alternative tuning.

S

shibby

do any of you have any experience with the tomei ecu found here:
http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/_2003web-catalogue/e160_ECU_01.html

or what do you guys have been using... i have placed a deposit to get delivery of a S15 spec r, that should arrive here in may... yeah that long...

all i want to do to the car is FMIC + Turbo back exhaust with Z32 sensor.. and get it tuned. later down the road i will upgrade the internals and a new turbo.... but for now that is all...

also, the only site i know is garagewhifbitz.co.uk ( i am new to the UK).
just thought i would ask you guys directly .

Reaction score
If you're only going for mild mods like that i'd speak to jez at horsham developments (www.h-dev.co.uk) - he can talk you through cheaper options. Best site i found for s15 specific parts at decent prices was www.frsport.com - they also only mark the goods for about 1/4 value so you don't get bummed on import charges when the stuff enters the uk. Definitely the best firm i've delt with imo. Hope this helps!!!

DOM

Reaction score
Not sure on the Tomei, but it seems a bit of hassle getting one as they wanted a deposit and a ecu swap.

There are other tried and tested options, Jez can remap your stock ecu, get a piggy back like emanage blue or emanage ultimate, or standalone like apexi, haltech, etc....

but before getting too carried away, you may find increasing boost from stock to .9 or even 1 bar a nice cost effective way to hike up power together with a 3" downpipe and exhaust with decat, derestrict the air intake, and install a quality fmic. and you will see around 295bhp without buying or touching ecu.

Set boost with a hks actuator to 1 bar and it will make you grin time after time when you hit that accelerator pedal,that is until you save up for more mods.

Reaction score
I dont think I would fancy running 1 bar with out a map! it would run too lean!

As said before, for those level mods Jez at Horsham developments or Steve at FC tuning can map the standard ECU

DOM

Reaction score
it would seem logicial that it would run leaner. However what we found with my motor (with mods as mentioned above) on a MAHA roller with AFR meter hooked up, surprised us. The air/fuel mixture was getting richer from 4000rpm to 6700 rpm, there was no problems of running lean at 1bar at all.