What's new

fitting Recaros to the 15

Reaction score
Hi,

im thinking in a while when i can afford fitting a set of DC5 seats, is it just a case of differnt rails to fit them in the S15.

I have seen a red s15 with ek9 seats in the past but fancy the integra seats as they will be newer.

Cheers, Tom

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
from what i have read they can be a tight fit in an s15 and if your tall head room can be an issue. there are a few on here with recaro's fitted they can prob clear it up for ya better.

Reaction score
there's very little difference in sizes of dc5/dc2 seats, they're just updated models of recaro speed's.

it's just a case of getting some recaro rails, but they'll touch the door card with the bolster.

head room wasn't an issue for me, but i'm only 5'8"..... it was sushiming that fitted them into his, but he's since sold up and don't know whom has it now.

Reaction score
Hi, i have evo 8 recaros fitted to my s15. they do hit the doorcard a bit but nothing much.
basic problem is they sit too high. i am 1.75 and i can not take my head out of the window without banging it first.
also, my knees hit the steering wheel (yes, i did pull it as up as it go).
i ordered some bride super low seat rail used from ebay. they make the seats go around 3cm lower which will be fine.
also the seatbelt will be a problem because you have to squeeze your hand to unbuckle it. i made taller brackets.

J

jianwei

oh dc5 in s15 not sure but i did the conversion on a s14 before red dc5 seat.. head space r good.. dc5 leg part of the seat will rub gains the shifter console..
but look great show u guys a pic of it.. we cant get rail in jamaica so we converted it

Reaction score
oh dc5 in s15 not sure but i did the conversion on a s14 before red dc5 seat.. head space r good.. dc5 leg part of the seat will rub gains the shifter console..
but look great show u guys a pic of it.. we cant get rail in jamaica so we converted it
Pics please would be great!

Cheers

Reaction score
Hi, i have evo 8 recaros fitted to my s15. they do hit the doorcard a bit but nothing much.
basic problem is they sit too high. i am 1.75 and i can not take my head out of the window without banging it first.
also, my knees hit the steering wheel (yes, i did pull it as up as it go).
i ordered some bride super low seat rail used from ebay. they make the seats go around 3cm lower which will be fine.
also the seatbelt will be a problem because you have to squeeze your hand to unbuckle it. i made taller brackets.
this sounds interesting, let us know how it goes