What's new

i have a few questions about installing a decat and turbo elbow

P

paddy monahan

i was hoping to install a de cat and turbo elbow elbow an was wondering will this cause me to get fuel cut because of a fully free flowing exhaust< there is already a hks cat back system on the car

Reaction score
Country
Im about to do the exact same thing next week! Hadnt thought of this but ive not heard anything about it before?

Reaction score
nope, you'll be fine..... you probably could do with a bit of a re-map to make the most of it.

i had stainless front to back on mine, all 3" and it was fine.

just prepare for the knightmare of a nut on the inner side of the turbo, it's a pain in the ASS!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
Went to Nissan today to get a couple of locking tabs and a manifold gasket which took forever!!! Decided to go all out and get the HDev manifold aswell as the elbow, downpipe, decat and braided hoses. Job looks like a PITA to do! Been WD40ing it the last couple of days :rolleyes:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
h-dev manifold is very good - i have one, but it will lower the exhaust system about 2cm so you may find you have clearance issues on the downpipe flexi or middle box.....

Reaction score
Country
Went to Nissan today to get a couple of locking tabs and a manifold gasket which took forever!!! Decided to go all out and get the HDev manifold aswell as the elbow, downpipe, decat and braided hoses. Job looks like a PITA to do! Been WD40ing it the last couple of days :rolleyes:

It ain't that bad a job tbh. Have you had a look at the idiot proof step by step guide to changing the tubby gaskets over on sxoc?
I used that and got on fine. Only bit i struggled with was getting the manifold nuts off but thats just because i have girly arms :wack:

Reaction score
Country
h-dev manifold is very good - i have one, but it will lower the exhaust system about 2cm so you may find you have clearance issues on the downpipe flexi or middle box.....
Thanks Dean, havnt got coilovers on the car yet but if the downpipe does sit too low ill end up selling it and getting a custom pipe made, should have done that in the first place really! :wack:

It ain't that bad a job tbh. Have you had a look at the idiot proof step by step guide to changing the tubby gaskets over on sxoc?
I used that and got on fine. Only bit i struggled with was getting the manifold nuts off but thats just because i have girly arms :wack:
Haha yeah ive copied it into a word doc and printed it out ready mate :) i too have the "girly arms syndrome" :p

V

vti_coupw

the hardest nut to get is the nut on the underside of the maifold the 2nd one from the firewall i had to use a spanner and only getting a tiny turn on it, just soak it in wd40 as you hav been and you be grand other than that being bent over the wings and lifting out the turbo and elbow as one is annoying, will be a great mod to hav done though, what elbow did you get?

P

paddy monahan

i havent got the parts im thinking of putting a manifold on aswell, can any one sudgest what brand to go for