What's new

Caliper Paint - High Temp or not?

Reaction score
Country
Does the paint for calipers need to be high temperature paint or will normal hammerite/equivalent be good enough?

just worried that normal paint may crack or flake under the heat. there seems to be a lacking in colours for caliper paint which is why i'm asking.

cheers

Reaction score
Country
I've used both expensive high temp stuff and used a cheapo tin of hamerite too. Found no difference in the two tbh. If i decide to do it on my s15 i'm going to use hamerite :thumbs:

Reaction score
hammerite works a treat no brush lines once dry just give the calipiers a clean with a wire brush and soapy water

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Calipers shouldnt really get that hot. Normal paint has always been fine for me. :nod:

S

S15 SILVIA

I've used engine paint in the past! Suposed to be high temp paint, comes in loads of colours, and is usually cheaper than hamerite.

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Does the paint for calipers need to be high temperature paint or will normal hammerite/equivalent be good enough?

just worried that normal paint may crack or flake under the heat. there seems to be a lacking in colours for caliper paint which is why i'm asking.

cheers
Hammerite should be fine :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Here's a good tip mate:

If you wanna 'dress up' the embossed Nissan logo part on the calipers then don't faff with another colour high temp paint and small brush... just go to Boots and get cheapest nail polish like No. 17 range I used lol ;)

You get the small brush with the polish and it works a treat if you're patient. No need to mask off and as long as you have steady hands will look ace!! And best bit? I've had mine on for months and whereas some very small bits of the caliper has started flaking off, the bronze Nissan logo is still as it was when I first applied it :thumbs:

Pics speak for themselves...

James

S

S15 SILVIA

Lol, bet you got some funny looks lookin through the nail polish colours! Bet they thought 'who the hell is this cross dresser' :)
Might have to raid the mrs's nail polish when I get mine, only thing is don't fancy hot pink writing!
In all fairness, looks great mate, and at least it wouldn't take much to remove it of you made a mistake or fancied another colour.
Mike

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
I have no idea what to colour to pain mine!! I have a blue S15 and my Advans are gettin sprayed white!!

I was thinking

Red with White NISSAN

Black White Nissan

Blue white Nissan ????????????????????????????????????????????/

Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
I will see what pics I have as we have done several different sets in normal body colour paints. In my experience any car body paint will do as we did a set of brembos in wr mica blue with a white brembo sticker and they looked amazing and they have been like that now for over a year with no sign of disscolour or wear.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Lol, bet you got some funny looks lookin through the nail polish colours! Bet they thought 'who the hell is this cross dresser' :)
Might have to raid the mrs's nail polish when I get mine, only thing is don't fancy hot pink writing!
In all fairness, looks great mate, and at least it wouldn't take much to remove it of you made a mistake or fancied another colour.
Mike
haha I posted on Facebook summat like 'I need cheap nail polish please recommend??' and a few laydees were like 'What??' and 'Don't get Max Factor - too expensive, get Boots own brand cos it's 3 for 2 at the moment!!' :D

So I bought 3 for 2 and I've only had to use around half of the first bottle. TBH they're sat on my garage shelf not being opened... thought I'd have to re-coat every 2/3 months but so far not had to touch up at all?! If anyone likes the bronze then I can pop my spare polish bottle in the post for you - just get me a beer next time I see ya haha. I did get funny looks from the lady in Boots serving me but didn't fancy going through the whole 'I need nail polish to touch up the calipers - what are calipers??' explanation!!

Tooley - I don't think you can ever go wrong with red calipers and white lettering mate ;)

subzero - I got bodyshop mate to sort out the calipers in black heat resistant paint. Believe he did use lacquer as the finish is very smooth. However, with the nail polish I never bothered with lacquer - it seems really tough!!

Reaction score
I have no idea what to colour to pain mine!! I have a blue S15 and my Advans are gettin sprayed white!!

I was thinking

Red with White NISSAN

Black White Nissan

Blue white Nissan ????????????????????????????????????????????/

Any other suggestions?
i would go with the black/white or blue/white coz i dont know how red white and blue would go together? I suposse its good enough for our flag :wack: