What's new

Caliper Paint - High Temp or not?

Reaction score
Loving the nail polish idea James.

Here you go, some ideas of colours for you Tooley:

WR Mica Blue

Lambo Purple

When painted we had the brembo stickers made up and put on and then larquered over the top.

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I have seen the nail polish used a few times and it works really well.

My calipers are red and silver for the nissan. My car is blue, but my wheels are bronze.

Reaction score
Country
loving the nail polish idea!! but now i cant decide what colour to go for the callipers! lol.
pewter s15 with soon to be flat black alloys..

was thinking bronze/gold calipers with white lettering, but not sure how much the lettering will stand out..

either way itl look miles better than the factory 'patchy grey' colour lol

G

gunner93

I had gold painted on mine front and rear GTT brakes. I also had the same paint on the rotor hubs and rotor edge. The hottest part is at the circumfrence edge since the paint faded over time and rust form again.

Reaction score
No worries matey. I must admit....the wr blue brembos have been the best looking ones so far out of all the colours I have seen.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Awesome colours Gav!! :)

Yeah must say the best bit about the nail polish idea is that you get the small brush included. I was worrying about masking up and doing this and that... turned out 30 mins job just patiently colouring the letters on my living room floor whilst other half was watching TV. Makes a difference from me watching TV whilst she stinks the room out painting polish on her toe nails haha :D

Reaction score
Gav, how long did you leave the paint to dry? I know the caliper specific paint says alow 48 hours to dry... sounds a bit excessive!?

Reaction score
It all depends on what you mix into the paint to help it go off quicker as we use a spray gun and spray booth. I'm just about to do a set for my car that I have stuck on my project thread. Once I have done them I will put up a step by step post.