What's new

I want between 300 and 350 bhp and dont know where to start

P

paddy monahan

I HAVE JUST PURCHASED AN S15 AND I ALREADY WANT MORE POWER I HAD AN S14 PUSHING OVER 300BHP AND REALLY WANT THAT POWER AGAIN .The s15 already has some brilliant modifications but they are mostly suspension mods. The spec is listed below and i hope to get some pictures up tomorrow.

spec: white s15spec-r
full vertex kit
17inch rota gtr`s
hks front mount
hks cat back
standard 1.5way lsd
cusco front strut brace
cusco rear strut brace in boot
tien strut brace under car
tien front and rear anti roll bars
tien extra lock track rods
hks coilovers
hks top mounts
4 defi gauges and controller
revv gauge with shift light
bride recliner
deep dish steering wheel
cone induction kit
there is 128,000 kms on the engine and its running under .5 bar boost in 1st 2nd +3rd and peaking at .6 in the rest of the gears i think this is standard as i havent researched it

The car drives like a dream and the suspension is perfect i have never driven a car that handeled so well so comfortably and im only getting used to it, but i already feel i need a bit more power and in time a two way diff which will probably be a nismo or kazz . I dont realy know where to start and i want everyhing i do to be safe for the engine. im thinking a more free flowing exhaust because there is a cat. any advice greately appreciated thanks, paddy.

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Back to basics really the quicker and colder the air in and the faster yuou can get it out = more power.

255 liter / hour fuel pump minimum

550 + cc injectors

Fuel pressure regulator

gt28r / gt28rs etc turbo

Branch manifold back system inc Turbo elbow decat etc

Chipped or aftermarket ecu/remap ( either biin the AFM for a Map sensor or get a better AFM#)

Good boost controller

Clutch.flywheel upgrade

Colder graded spark plugs
Some people debate that the uprated intake manifolds only benifit from hight 300-400+bhp but with all those mods it would be ideal.

That should see you well into the 300's

Also other stuff for safty EG Uprated radiator possibly an oil cooler. Braided turbo water/oil lines.

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i ran approx 320hp on the following:

gt28r
walbro fuel pump
turbo back exhaust inc. decat
front mount intercooler
cone filter
colder plugs
electronis boost controller
custom map

at this level the afm and injectors will definitely need upgrading before going any further ;)