What's new

Removing front bumper on s15?

U

udi

Just wondering how this is done?

Do I need to take the front wheels off?

I've removed the bolts that hold the plastic guards on the underbody, and also the plastic pop-up screws I could find (a bunch along the top of the bumper, and 1 under each of the fenders.

I'm guessing there must be a heap to go though judging by how little the bumper is moving, can someone tell me how I get to the rest and where they are?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Once you have removed the plastic trays under the front of the bumper you can then access the two bolts on either side of the bumper (10mm) that bolt up into the guard(fenders). You don't need to take off the wheels. You will need a reasonable longer socket arm to get the front bolt (closest to the headlight) off.

U

udi

Thanks for that, found the front bolts, definitely going to need something long to get to them.

Just as I was reading your post I also found the body/trim section in the service manual, which shows pictures and a step-by-step.

Reaction score
Those front bolts are probabley the hardest to do on what is a simple job of removing and putting back. They are on a slight angle so its a bit of a fidlde to get them to line up. Helps if you have someoneto hold the bar for you.

U

udi

Mine are being ridiculous... I just tried to get the driver's side one out, and with a big socket wrench on the end of it, it's turning but it doesn't feel like it's coming loose at all.

Is this normal and should I keep going, or is something just rotating instead of the bolt undoing (if that's the case, what should I do?)

Appreciate your advice again

U

udi

Finally got it off, the bolts were loctited from factory, explains my pain. All sorted, now to mount the FMIC. :)

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i find it easier to use a long philips head screwdriver to undo those two bolts, you can just reach behind the arch liner to do it then ;)