What's new

Changing rear lights?

Reaction score
Country
Just bought some nice rear lights off Craig_m on here.. and im puzzled haha.

cant seem to work out how to get to the old ones.
i've removed all the fabric and such from the boot but all i'm greeted with is metal. and no access to rear lights!!

help!! lol

off to tinker now see if i can work it out. but pretty stuck...

this has usually been an easy job on previous cars too... :(

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
It should be pretty easy, there are 4 nuts from memory which should come off with very little effort / fuss

Runs off to get pics......

Edit:

I've none on my photobucket. If you remove the liner in the boot there should be two nuts visible just behind the inside corner of the light. And there is one more on the far side of the light.... I can get you pics this evening if your still stuck...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
cheers mate, me being unobservant as per usual. by the time im back checking this i've already done it haha.

for anyone as blind as me there are 4 nuts, 2 on the far side (where the indicators are) and then 1 in the center-ish, and another right next to the edge of the boot. i found the two on the far side easy, but the other two were tucked under a metal lip so didnt notice them at first. you just unscrew these, push the bolts through and the light unit will pop out. easy peasy :)

does anyone know where you can get the chrome coated bulbs for the rear indicators? so i can get shot of these goofy orange bulbs. i'l try halfords later but not getting my hopes up lol. they're "E4 12V 21W", the flat snap in fitment

Reaction score
Country
How come your bumper has a fog light cut into it? Dont think ive seen that before
lol because the original (and only) previous owner used to live in japan, and imported it himself, and due to lack of japanese vocabulary, the guys who fixed it up to make it uk legal decided the best option was to cut a chunk out of the beloved car and slap that horrible thing in. the owner goes back to check on progress and finds that eyesore there... :(

its the only thing that i hate about the car, but dont worry, its getting filled at some point, and the rear fog is off in the drivers side cluster where the reverse is. :)

Reaction score
Country
Ahhh that explains it then! Bet he went nuts lol! Yeah same on my car, removed a reverse bulb and put the fog light in its place! :) Lights looking good mate! ...im tempted to remove the rear wing off of mine, i like the more flush look!

Reaction score
Country
ahh nice! what does your rear wing look like? i've just had a scout for a project thread for your car but cant find one :( (maybe not looking hard enough) i'm after one for mine for later this year