What's new

Ticking Noise

B

barnes

Right so since i got the car every now and then the car makes a ticking noise when idling, then when you put it in gear and goto drive it for a slight second it sounds like its crunching like its not in gear.

it sounds like its coming from the head somewhere?

anyone had this problem before?

C

chrisssteeven

The sound like voltage regulator having problems. Have you noticed if your fan rpm is going up when playing 3d apps or does it stay the same. I had a gf3 gamers and it did that too, disabling smart fan fixed the problem. I set the fan speed to run full with a bios flash. Maybe the voltage tabe timing is off seeming its new you should get a rma.

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
could be you vvt making the ticking sound and making the noise when ya go to pull off sounds like the same as im getting if it is the vvt it nothing to worry about yet as it not bad yet.

B

barnes

The sound like voltage regulator having problems. Have you noticed if your fan rpm is going up when playing 3d apps or does it stay the same. I had a gf3 gamers and it did that too, disabling smart fan fixed the problem. I set the fan speed to run full with a bios flash. Maybe the voltage tabe timing is off seeming its new you should get a rma.
huh???

could be you vvt making the ticking sound and making the noise when ya go to pull off sounds like the same as im getting if it is the vvt it nothing to worry about yet as it not bad yet.

Cheers dude!!
I hope its only vvt..