What's new

Intake Plenum Pipe work help

Reaction score
If possible could anyone help in looking at the following pics and tell me if the piepwork is correct, its just that its boosting wrong and I am sure the boost pipe is on wrong. Now I am no technical minded person so please keep it simple.lol

Is A, B, C and D right, the pipe marked A is coming from E as seen in picture 2 and C is the boost gauge pipe. Something tells me that this is not right, I think B shouldn't be capped off like that.

I hope someone can help.

Many thanks.:thumbs:

Reaction score
Can anyone help? I'm thinking the boost pipe shouldn't be on the throttle body as that will act as a vacuum and it should be on one of the plenum pipes like A or D. The only problem is that B and D have always been capped off so should I swap A and C to solve the problem?

Reaction score
Can anyone help? I'm thinking the boost pipe shouldn't be on the throttle body as that will act as a vacuum and it should be on one of the plenum pipes like A or D. The only problem is that B and D have always been capped off so should I swap A and C to solve the problem?

is that your boost solenoid in the second picture? and are you still running a carbon canister? 2 of those pipes will be water pipes and the other the breather for the carbon canister im pretty sure. i wouldn't be using any of those for your boost solenoid if it was me, i'd plumb the solenoid into one of the existing vaccum hoses of your plenum

someone can correct me if im wrong im no mechanic thats just what i can remember

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hi mate - soz I never took the pic of my plenum area... totally forgot!! If you still want this drop me a text as I'm working on the car this afternoon so can do it no probs :)

My boost solenoid setup is different to yours so I can only try and explain what yours looks like from pics etc.

The solenoid if it's like most should have 2 tubes going in/out - one which comes from air that is forced towards the plenum after the compressor. This is usually tapped off from the main IC piping after the intercooler. This is how it gets a pressure reading to say what the boost level is currently at.

The second should go from the solenoid to the wastegate actuator (which is located next to the compression unit of the turbo). This will control when the wastegate opens/closes for eventual boost control activities etc.

I know if this was mixed up you get funny boosting - a mistake I made when I couldn't read instructions properly and got it the wrong way round on my Gizzmo MS-IBC *doh*!!!

So I guess this is prob not mixed up on your car as you've not had to remove the solenoid and attachments whilst working on the car?? If not then make sure E taps into a feed which is getting direct intake pressure so the line has to originate and can track to somewhere that comes off the IC piping etc. I'm thinking in theory it can get the feed from the plenum but I've not seen anyone do this before...

Hope this makes some kinda sense?!