What's new

damaged carbon fibre hood

damnthing

Reaction score
Last night after work, as i was reaching to my car, noticed some asshole decided to leave a deep scratch on my carbon fibre hood. Is there anyway of repairing it? each time i look at it, i get extremely angry and have thoughts of how i would pull out each of his finger nails, if i ever do catch the culprit.:mad:

Reaction score
Country
In my experience carbon body bits are a pain in the neck. I had a cf bonnet on my last car and it ended up with a chip in the lacquer. Some body shops weren't interested and the ones that were said that it wouldn't look the same if they tried to repair it.

I ended up having the bonnet painted the same colour as the car and never looked back. Best thing i could of done :)

I take it the scratch is too deep to machine polish out?

damnthing

Reaction score
i really doubt it can be polished out cause the scratch is very visible, to the extend it can be clearly seen as a white line on the cf background......so i guess i might as well spray it according to the same colour as the car, or srpay it black, or just get a nice sticker and cover it up.....

Reaction score
Country
Hi Mate. I have the same problem on my carbon door panels. I have bought some resin mix and a polishing kit from www.carbonmods.co.uk, there are some guides in there to that can be useful.
I have not tried so dont take my word for it.