What's new

Front tow eye

Reaction score
Country
Is there one? i've looked and cant seem to find one, so does anyone know where i can aquire one from and the best place of fitment?

thanks

Reaction score
Country
Yeah my car has one on the right -passenger side- as you look at the front of the car. if i remember correctly its partly covered with the black plastic under tray thing.

Reaction score
Country
ahh, found one right under the car on both sides exactly the same, but its rather low and far back...? surely this isnt a very good towing point? it'l just rip the front bumper clean off if i need towing.. hmmm.

any aftermarket ones anyone recommends and know the best place to fit them?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
If you search towing eye/hook then you'll see a couple of related threads from recent months.

I've fitted a Driftworks towing eye to the front - see my build thread under owners' cars section...

It's better to see pics than try to explain it all again using words :)

Reaction score
Country
ahh yeah cheers lupix!
your car is looking beautiful by the way!

is the towing eye mounted to the square beam just behind/under your fmic? coz at a glance it looks like its mounted to your fmic pipe lol.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
ahh yeah cheers lupix!
your car is looking beautiful by the way!

is the towing eye mounted to the square beam just behind/under your fmic? coz at a glance it looks like its mounted to your fmic pipe lol.
No worries mate :)

My towing eye on the front is mounted on a vertical frame section just to the right of the FMIC if you look at the car from the front. You don't really have to have a bend like mine - only got this done cos it would then stick out of the lip section of the front end lol.

There's deffo room and clears all FMIC pipework (I've got Apex Type 2 not sure about other brands)...