What's new

s14a sr20det engine

B

brianjj14

hi lads,
i was just looking at a s14a sr20det engine last nite,it has bein takin out of the car already so havent seen it starting,but the seller insured it was running 100% before removed.but i noticed that the second clyinder from the rear of the engine had what looked like dry burnt oil???so i took the spark plug out and it was pretty burnt??and while the exhaust mani was off if u looked doen the oil above the same clyinder ucan see what looked like two screws coming down had oil on them??what is the cause of this and is the engine ****ed?? sorry for the bad description:p thanks

Reaction score
I was looking at 1 recently did a compression test and all the cylinders were around 160psi, from factory was 175ish apparently, so a bit of ring wear that was all.
Might be worthwhile as a preliminary check, but im sure a few more educated members could shed more light on things for you:thumbs:

Reaction score
When my car was missfiring on one cylinder the spark plug got all coked up and black, so maybe this engine was missfiring? Coilpack?

B

brianjj14

im in ireland buddy,shiping would be a killer. also is there any difference in a auto sr20det engine to a sr20det manual engine??