What's new

Coilover Choice

Reaction score
Hi,

can i have some people experience and knowledge of coilovers for the S15?

which brands models to go for etc. Prices aswell to give me a idea

HSD any good?
K sport?
BC Racing?
Teins?

some input would be much appreciated! as i will be looking in the next few months when i can afford

:nod:

Reaction score
they do look pretty good and not bad value aswel! just pm'ed him asking if he is gonna start another group buy on coilovers : )

Reaction score
I have the Apex Gen2 coilovers and they are great. I have only experienced them on the road so far from the softest to the hardest of settings and I am very impressed, especially for what you pay and I am sure they will do just as well on the track.

On my other cars I always found Tein to be a bit hard for our british roads, the BC's were excellent but I am sure the Apex is the same coilover, just a different name.

K-Sport was also a great coilover but you do pay extra for that compared to the others I have mentioned. I would say that you can't beat the BC's and the APEX GEN 2's when it comes to value for money.

I

INX75Y

Highly recommend BC Racing Coilovers, With a Spring Rate of F7 R4 , Is a perfect combo for street use...

Have had mine for 6 months now and absolutly love how my 200 handles !

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Believe K-Sport are a bit dodgy from what I hear... Excellent big brake conversions but coilovers are not the same quality!!

I'd recommend Tein Super Streets... but then I would lol ;)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I have the Tein SuperStreets as well. Good road coilover. Not bad on the track either.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
I'm currently using Driftworks CS2's and I'm very happy with them :D Fantastic on track and they are very comfortable on the road when compared to my old HKS ones (but the HKS are ridiculously stiff as they were designed for drifting :wack: )

G

GUEST_JDM

im using tein flex but would recommend BC coilovers just for the price and the good things i keep hearing about them

Reaction score
Country
The best bang for bucks is going to be from Stance coilovers! I've also heard good things about BC, but Stance is where it's at! Give it a look!

Reaction score
I had Tein Driftmasters on my 14... proper solid uncomfortable ride, and seized up after about 6 months. (Admittedly I didn't service them as is recommended etc).

Changed to CS2s and they're amazing! Anti-rust coating, amazing on the road and immense for drifting. I'd definately recommend them over cheaper coilovers.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
@ everyone with Apex Gen2's? Which spring rating did you go for, and how do they feel? After some comfort as well as an upgrade on the Nismo factory option suspension.. Currently i just have lowering springs and it's way to hard!!
Also is there any issues with clearance with wheels?

I have :Rota GTR alloy wheels 8.5 x 18 et35 front,9.5 x 18 et30 rear,

Reaction score
The is a daliy driver and used for fast road and occasional trrack use, i want a coilover that is optimum for the money. i dont mind a firm ride as long as its not sillly hard,

am thinking that apex GEN 2 8/6 are a good move as there quite affordable and have got good review from everyone i have spoken to that has them!

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
All those generic brands are nothing more than china kits with a different colour scheme, some random amount of 16/32/nine billion clicks that may or may not do anything, and your choice of spring rates that has not been matched with the damper rates.

Please do yourself a favour and buy something from an actual suspension company :)