What's new

Coilover Choice

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Anothet +1 for the Apex coilovers. Good on the road, great on track.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
@ everyone with Apex Gen2's? Which spring rating did you go for, and how do they feel? After some comfort as well as an upgrade on the Nismo factory option suspension.. Currently i just have lowering springs and it's way to hard!!
Also is there any issues with clearance with wheels?

I have :Rota GTR alloy wheels 8.5 x 18 et35 front,9.5 x 18 et30 rear,
i have rota grids in the same widths and offsets on 255/35 and 225/40's and am running it quite low. rear arches are rolled and front arches have no issues with a 5mm spacer. you will have to run a little negative camber to tuck the rears in nicely but all in all no problems with contact at all or rubbing. :)

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
i have rota grids in the same widths and offsets on 255/35 and 225/40's and am running it quite low. rear arches are rolled and front arches have no issues with a 5mm spacer. you will have to run a little negative camber to tuck the rears in nicely but all in all no problems with contact at all or rubbing. :)
Nice one Dean, so you decided to keep your 15 then??... ^^Yeah that's what i was thinking, I have it all ready (whiteline setup, with -1.6o on rear lowered and arches rolled.. just need to add coilovers, however put it off for a while due to the expense.. The ride currently is a bit harsh, especially since the snow as the roads are **** - mini craters not pot holes!! :eek:

What spring rate you runnig and how do they feel on the road?
Looks like I will be after some Apex Gen2's too soon... Just need to know what spring rate to choose for a daily / fast road drive.. Any advice guys??:nod:

Reaction score
Country
Go for the softest - 6/5. This is what ive got and anything harder will provide too much of a harsh ride imo.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Go for the softest - 6/5. This is what ive got and anything harder will provide too much of a harsh ride imo.
Hurray someone who answers the question - thanks!!:D

So you have the Apex Gen2 Fastroad coilovers? Not the softest which are the 'comfys' is that right?? - Just want to make sure... :confused:

http://www.apexperformance.co.uk/ca...15&PHPSESSID=ee71164b43fdcb29d1acfd625c581403

S14 Apex Gen2 10/8 serious drift and track coilovers £649.00
S14 Apex Gen2 5/4 Comfy coilover kit £649.00
S14 Apex Gen2 6/5 fast road coilovers £649.00
S14 Apex Gen2 8/6 drift and track coilovers £649.00

Has anyone got the comfy's out of interest - any feedback?

Reaction score
i know its a bit old and i havent read it in a while but they might have some left? its also a good thread to answer your questions! :)

sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=424051

Reaction score
I went for the comfy's and I am glad I did because when I set it on the hardest of settings they were very hard. For occassional track use and every day driving then defo go for the 5/4.

Reaction score
Country
Yes it must be the Fast Road as the springs were deffo the 6/5. Run about 10/32 F & 14/32 R damper settings (32 being hardest) and its fine on roads esp at higher speeds. It is quite stiff and you do feel potholes etc but the suspension doesnt crash out with bone crunching effects like ive felt in some cars.

Reaction score
Country
I'll definitely be going for Driftworks/HSD's again after I had them on my 180. They were miles better than the Teins I replaced, much more comfortable :nod:

Reaction score
Just ordered a set of 6/5 Apex gen 2, picking them up next friday from them Apex in Bradford!

here a pic of before my wheels and bumper sprays and skirts and after!

After!!!!!