What's new

First mod.

J

just_laze

Hello,

The inlet/outlet pipes on my turbo are due to be replaced, Ming suggested while i'm having the Turbo removed i should take the opportunity to fit a HKS Actuator.

Would this be a beneficial first-mod and will another opportunity arise to fit the actuator along with another modification at a later date or is the turbo rarely removed meaning fitting the HKS actuator now 'just makes sense'.

Regards,

laze.

ps. what does the actuator do, i thought it regulates airflow, but how would this be beneficial over the existing solution?

K

kieran

im sure someone will correct me but i believe the actuator is what controls the wastegate, ie the stronger the actuator the more stable high boost you can run.......

i await correction :p ;)

Reaction score
I just had the turbo off my car and took the chance to put a HKS actuator on my car aswell. Basically it is a replacement wastegate actuator which is adjustable from 0.8 - 0.9 bar. This means that the wastgate will start to open once this preload is reached. It should help bring boost on a bit quicker and help keep it stable when running higer boost all the way to redline.

My car is in getting tuned today due to me putting on a stainless manifold, HKS actuator, HKS Step 2 cams, HKS valve springs and an HKS exhaust cam gear, so I will let you know if the tuner said the actuator made any difference. Oh and this is still running the standard turbo too :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
^^^ If you have your fuel sorted (bigger injectors and stuff) annd go bigger turbo. You should see gearbox breaking power :)

A guy here in Sweden recently mapped his Power FC on a S14a with similar mods, but with a bigger turbo.
Got well over 400hp @ the crank :D Think it was about 420-430hp.

But with the stock turbo I think you're limited to a pretty low boost (about 1.1-1.2Bar).
I think you will get about 350hp @ the crank.

Let us know how it went :thumbs:

Edit: it was 429hp och 564nm @ the crank and 377.5hp @ the wheels. :)