What's new

winter clutch problems

D

djmasterg

Hello

Again - I am very suprised how good s15 was - until today. I started engine, heat it up to normal 90 degrees, drove about 5 miles (clutch still working) but then it started to fade away, untill its totally gone. So I drove back to my flat on 4th gear and parked it. Now, when I press the clutch pedal there is no reaction. Is it because of the frost? My car was sitting without moving for about 10 days untill today. What should I search for to fix it?

Happy new year
Greg.

D

djmasterg

Hi

By "there is no reaction" I meant that when I press clutch pedal to change gear - it doesn't work - so maybe simpler - there is no clutch. I was stuck in 4th yesterday and when I tried to engage 1st when I stopped - I couldnt. So it seemed like clutch failure. But I checked clutch fluid and a big supprise :) cylinder was empty. So next thing I will do is to buy some fluid, fill it up, and check where it leaks.

Will let you know.
Greg.

D

djmasterg

Hello again

I have taken a picture of a leak - its a pipe (metal one), it has some kind of loop on it, leak is just before this loop, please look at this picture:

This picture was taken from passanger side, front of the car is on the left. Could you tell me if this part number is 30650+B (nissan FAST)?

Thanks, Greg.

Reaction score
You can actually do away with that pipe and with a bit of re-routing fix the pipe coming from your slave cylinder to your clutch cylinder.:thumbs:

Its just extra piping from Nissan to make the clutch feel nice and light.

I removed mine and straight away got better peddle feel. :nod:

D

djmasterg

Hi

I already ordered a braided pipe from db-power. Only thing is to wait untill it arrives and put it instead of this faulty one. Thanks for advice.

Greg.

D

djmasterg

HI

post arrived, got this from db-power:

But it doesnt fit instead this metal line - both ends of original metal part can be undone with spanner size 17. This new one has smaller spanner sizes on both ends (11 and 14 mm).
to Auss15: I would like to know how exactly did you fix yours. could you post some photos?
I am really confused - my lack of mechanical knowledge plays a big part - thats why I ask for some solutions.

With regards
Greg.

Thats me again!!! I looked for a service manual, found it and did what you told me before. I admit I was a bit stupid but now I am going to get her back on the street - clutch is working again!!! Thank you guys, sorry for my silly questions.

Last edited: