What's new

Gear Shifter throw too long and poor headlights!!!

Reaction score
hi,

i was wondering if people have chopped there gear lever down to shorten the throw? or is it best to buy a short shifter, im finding the throw annoyingly long

also my lights are **** on dipped and moderate on full any tips on lights?

hid kit the right , mod? i know they were on my ek9. absolutly brilliant, i would just buy them but i have realised the s15 lamps are a bit more complex, looking that way anyway :nod:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
You can easily fit yourself a HID kit in, and if you make the wires for the ballast box come out of the bottom of the headlights they will look stock too.

Try adjusting them to point straight and level first as that can make a massive difference. Failing that, try some better standard fitment bulbs.

Heres a linky to some properly cheap short shifter kits too. Dont chop the lever mate!

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=437520

Reaction score
with the hids though Craig, do these come as full beam kit and low beam kit because there different filiament unlike the EK9 hence the more complexness to em?

ek9 - 1 kit does all

s15= 2 kits one for dipped and one for full

will have a look at adjusting aswell in a bit cuase there dangerous on dipped trying to stay on your side of road

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, they are diffierent bulbs for low and high in S15's. The EK9's have H4 bulbs I think, which do both in one bulb.

I personally woldnt bother doing the high-beams, just the dipped.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
And yeah, the short shift kits are ace. Mine's a C's kit, so I can't comment on the quality or fitment of the apex and ebay ones.

Reaction score
hi,

i was wondering if people have chopped there gear lever down to shorten the throw? or is it best to buy a short shifter, im finding the throw annoyingly long

also my lights are **** on dipped and moderate on full any tips on lights?

hid kit the right , mod? i know they were on my ek9. absolutly brilliant, i would just buy them but i have realised the s15 lamps are a bit more complex, looking that way anyway :nod:
cutting it wont shorten the throw at all.............

c's shifter for the win :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I've just read the same question on the Apex thread and Bren has confirmed NO - the group buy short shifter do not fit the S15 box :(

Was just about to stick my name on as well!!

Reaction score
Country
:( thought so.

Also looked a few weeks back on rhd and nengun for the c's short shifter but had no luck, don't know if i'm just being blind or if its discontinued.

if anyone find the link for it, fire it up as its probably the best solution for us :thumbs:

Reaction score
my box seems quite notchy aswell is this normal or should i try chaqnging the gear oil?

especially goin into 2nd and getting reverse and sometimes even not finding 5th atal. but it fine most of the while, which oil is the right one i might just do it anyway for piece of mind!

Last edited:
Reaction score
email perfectrun or rhd japan, from what im aware there is still stock available.

Also if youre having problems with selecting reverse then id recommend changing to redline lightweight shockproof oil and slightly overfilling the box ;)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I've found my gearbox notchy and awkward in cold weather from day one - the amount of times I've mis-shifted it's embarrassing lol?! :D

I'd say if it struggles to get into reverse then shift into neutral, lift up clutch and change back to reverse. Sometimes shifting into another gear like 1st or 3rd beforehand helps me get it into reverse hehe...

If you're having problems shifting into forward gears when the car's warmed up and it's happening constantly then that's prob when you need to worry!!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
C's are the only ones who make the short shifter for the 6 speed. All the ones on ebay are for the 5 speed only.

Reaction score
email perfectrun or rhd japan, from what im aware there is still stock available.

Also if youre having problems with selecting reverse then id recommend changing to redline lightweight shockproof oil and slightly overfilling the box ;)
Thanks this i will!

its common to be notchy then im assuming thought it was just my box but will have a go changing the gear oil and see if it helps, i was having problems with synchros crunching goin into 3rd in high revs in my old car (EK9) changed the oil and it cured it and i remember a local mechanic in bridgnorth saying "no it wont make a blind bit of difference if you change the gear oil" and it so obv did. :nod: