What's new

diff oil

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
NP mate. Thats what I and some other members use in our standard diffs. I imagine it'll be fine in your 2-way too, unless Cusco recommend anything specific.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Its fairly easy to get to, their just quite tight if your doing it on your drive, and the exhaust gets in the way, but I didnt have to remove it when I did mine.

The plugs are a 13mm square drive, so a 1/2" ratchet/extension fits straight in there - no special tools at all. Just make sure you can undo the fill plug before you undo the drain ;)

It's 1.2-1.4 ltrs too

:)

How To Guide..

QTYs..

Reaction score
found this----

Like an engine, a differential casing must have oil inside in order to operate. An LSD creates more heat than standard differentials therefore the right oil must carefully be considered. For daily driving conditions, the differential oil should be changed once every two engine oil changes. For aggressive driving, the differential must be changed more frequently. Cusco provides three types of LSD oil. The Cusco Mission Oil (75W-85) is recommended for FF or 4WD (front) applications. For FR and 4WD (rear) applications, as well as midship cars, the Cusco LSD Oil (80W-90) is the right choice. For long, and endurance type racing on FR, 4WD (rear), the Cusco LSD Oil Super 140 (80W-140) is recommended. This oil is also recommended for those who want to increase sensitivity of their LSD too.

Reaction score
Country
I take it the Cusco diff is a plate/clutch type?

If so then i always used Motul Gear 300 with no problems. I've previously used it with a Cusco and a Kaaz diff.