What's new

Where can i take my car?

Curryzz

Reaction score
hi, im looking for someone to set up my suspension,tracking and camber on the front and the rear,i have tein mono flex coilovers and the car is running on 18s and quite low so the inside edge of the tyre front and rear is really quite bad, i spun out last week on the motorway, 360ed down the motor way at 80:down: i know the car is very light on the rear end but its a bit too light so wana sort out the grip and also its wearing my tyres down unevenly,its turning in to a bit of a worry and my gf also drives the car so need it sorted, rang horsham developments and the total would be near on 700pound, was thinking all i need is rear camber arms?the front has an ajustment on the top mount of the coilover! im probably wrong as i dont know what i need at this point:eek: help! i am located in the south of england. Thanks

Reaction score
Depending how low the car is u will need to change the rear chamber arms and possibly toe arms. I had my setup done at pro tyre for £80 but only after fitting all the control arms as the standard arms will not allow for large enough adjustments.

Sounds like u got away lucky on the motor way.

Horsham Developements can do the setup too but probably not with out the alignment arms.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
I had the same issues and concerns this year, on 18's and lowered with no adjustable parts of the suspension apart from standard, my camber when measured was -3.5 degrees! The handling was ok to begin with, with new tyres (or maybe i got used to it) then things started getting twitchy and i had my car at 90 degrees down a road and one point :no:

Spoke to a few people on here and took their advice and as Roots says, swapped the front a rear suspension parts I changed the camber and toe arms on the rear to adjustable ones, Apex sell a set including fronts, here:
http://www.apexperformance.co.uk/ca...17&PHPSESSID=8a526289a088fbfb5d34dad2449e7b7f

Think they are the ones??

I cannot tell you how much of a difference that has made! I cant believe i drove it without it now, as you were constantly on edge if you were pushing it!

Also can vouch for Jez at Horsham Developements too, he fitted all of mine and did some extra bits all for £700.. If you can do it yourself then cool, but I dont have the tools or ramp.. :D

I would say do it, you wont be dissapointed...
Als

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah that was everything all in, inc VAT and i paid by credit card...

I thought it was a reasonable price considering..

Just out of interest, does the £700 include the alignment arms?

Sorry if that's a dumb question! Lol

sx-si

Reaction score
where in hants are you dude?
if your local to basingstoke i would suggest x-sport racing
they set up touring cars and mainly grip cars

they used to setup my s14a track / drift car and was very reasonable
they also do weighing and corner adjustment
expect about 100 for the corner weighing

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
christ that sounds a lot, but the arms are 400-00ish normally and thier labour in fitting makes that up to probably 500-00 or more, then just the cost of adjustment so really doesnt sound massive when you look at it like that.....i'd reccommend getting in on a group buy on sxoc to get the arms cheaper (they are running some atm), measure them up against the arms that came off the car to get everything roughly as it is and fit them yourself. then drive carefully to an alignment place and get it set up. your almost gauranteed to save a couple of hundred quid this way;) make sure you get bushed arms if the car is for road, rose joints are too high maintenance and unforgiving for everyday, and make sure all other stuff that will affect alignment is sorted first (lowering, bracing, locking collars or subby bushes) as if any of this is done after it will throw out your settings:thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I'm always confused with pulling in the camber for more grip??

When I lowered my 15 on Tein Super Streets the car naturally went to -2.5 deg camber on the rears and this is waay more grippy than before - esp in the dry, I could never get the back end out without clutch kicking and this includes track days at Silverstone and drifting at Pod!!

When I speak to pro drifters, they have recommended less negative camber on the rears for better drifting ability (getting the tail end out) and I've recently added more negative camber on the fronts to reduce understeer and get more grip from the front end (again, for drifting etc)...

Confused.com :wack:

sx-si

Reaction score
you dont need all the arms unless you mainly use it for track days
i would recoment front traction rods and rear camber arms and then your laughing after a alignment

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed but the Apex kit is nearly the same price as the two anyways

you dont need all the arms unless you mainly use it for track days
i would recoment front traction rods and rear camber arms and then your laughing after a alignment

Curryzz

Reaction score
thanks for your info lads,ok so im guna need to spent at least 400 on parts then if i want it set up good? dont get me wrong i like having a play around in it wit the back out sometimes :) thats what i wanted one for, the thing was the back end just flew out at 80mph on the motorway:no:,my s14 i used to have was set up lovley no camber issues and it used to drift so much nicer but at the same time felt more stable:confused:

x sport sounds good,do they have a website,il give them a bell:thumbs:

Curryzz

Reaction score
cheers ian/roots, :) duno if you have clicked yet but its Paul with mooks old one ya talking too,looks like tomoro is going to be lethal on the way to work early,be really icey! would u recomend apex,s kit they do? its alot of money just to sort my camber:eek: might have to get the credit card out,i only really was expecting to get some arms for the rear and use the ajustable top mount on the fronts but hmmmm i duno:cry:hah

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Just start with the basic alignment - get the cambers sorted and make sure toe in is neutral and castor on the fronts is no more than 5/6 deg neg.

It's no good making loads of weird and wonderful settings if you haven't had a basic alignment with everything set as neutral as possible. There's certainly no need to look into overhauling a lot of the suspension for adjustable unless you want it setup very specifically for track/drift.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
^^ what he said, i only mentioned buying the whole kit as it would of cost less to do that and fit yourself than get a garage to supply and fit just the arms you need and set the lot up :nod:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah totally agree with you Dean from that respect - learnt a long time ago to never replace a lot of parts with stock as aftermarket is usually cheaper, better and adjustable lol :D

Curryzz

Reaction score
yeah i understand, il be taking your advise in january i think as xmas has got on top of me,runing low on funds at the mo:down: cheers lads