What's new

Spacer and wheel stud question

Reaction score
I have just had a trial fit of my new wheels on my car and the fronts are tight up against the strut so spacers will be needed. They are 18x9.5 with a 30 offset and the coilovers are the Apex Gen2 ones. I know I can clear them a bit as the camber is slightly out but has anyone else had this kind of experience?

Also with using spacers I would prefer to get some longer bolts for the hub, so does anyone know where I can get a set from that will be about another 10mm longer?

I hope someone can help and give some sound advice.:thumbs:

Thanks.

P.s Rears are no problem as I am running 18x10 with a 15 offset.:cool:

Reaction score
Nismo do longer hub bolts in different lengths. THe nismo shop in the USA is where i got mine at the right price ;).

Reaction score
Its just that I might have to go to a 10mm spacer so longer bolts would be best. Does anyone know if there is anywhere over here that does the bolts?

Reaction score
Thanks for the link bud. I can only see the subaru ones that are m12x1.25 , but it doesn't say if they are longer though.

I think its a 63mm stud that I will be after as that is about 25mm longer than standard........I think.lol

Reaction score
I have asked a few places as I would prefer a forged stud. Thanks for the help as it put me on the right track of where to look.:thumbs:

Never even thought of rally parts.:D

Reaction score

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hi Gav - I've just bought a set of Rota GTR's 17 x 9.5 ET30 all round so going through the same thing lol...

My rears fit fine but the fronts are touching the coilover... I got a set of 10mm H&R spacers which include longer studs :thumbs:

DO NOT attempt to fit new wheel with original studs as you have about half an inch of thread for the nuts which is crazy... if the wheels don't fall off after a couple of drift moves then Michael Jackson must still be alive :wack:

The H&R kit costs around £100 for the pair but quality looks excellent (and they're well known for their suspension systems etc). I ordered mine from good friend and owner of SRB Power (Dan Patch). Give them a bell if you're interested although if they're not in stock, you might have to wait till well after the new year!!

The bit I'm worried about is getting the old studs out and new ones in cos the friggin' heatshield covers 80% of the opening behind the hub and isn't exactly easily removed?! :censored:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
you'll have to do them one at a time mate, rotate the hub until the back of the stud lines up with the opening, put a nut back on the end of the stud and give it a good hammering with a mallet or a hammer using a piece of wood on the nut. might need to soak the studs in wd40 in advance:)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Thanks for the tip mate :thumbs: Had a feeling they needed to be done one at a time and by rotating the hub lol...

Do you know if getting the studs off the rear hub is the same or easier/harder??

Cheers

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
should be the same tbh, i had a good look at this recently when i stripped all my brakes off and it looks just as easy. other thing to do, dont hammer the new studs in, locate the stud on the splines then use an old washer and m12x1.25 nut to do it up and pull it in square on each stud:)