What's new

What is that part called???

D

djmasterg

Hi everybody

Recently I had a stupid collision with parking post. problem is there was some concrete which damaged rear boot floor and some kind of stabilizer (or anti roll bar - you can see it on my photo). And my question is - what is that part called (maybe you could also provide me a part number)? I will also need those rubbers which are located on both ends of this bar.

Thanks in advance
Greg

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
thats not the anti roll bar thats the rear subframe mount brace - you may have a job getting a new one but never fear, you could always get a set of 'cups' from an s14 or s14a to fit in thier place, they didnt have the bar, just the cups for the bushes. as for the subframe bushes, that would need the whole subframe removing to fit new ones as they are a pig. you could fit subframe locking collars to pull the bushes back into square as they are no longer in play then, but if you have bent the actually subframe mounting studs you could have a serious problem....

S

S15 SILVIA

Wow she's going rusty under there too, think you should consider some rust proofing while your at it!

D

djmasterg

Hi guys

Yeah, it is rusty - I didnt get a chance to check it before I got it, and the winter and salt also plays it role. Anyway, do you know anybody who could sell me a used part? or should I get a new one? Part number anyone?

Question to DeanS15:

Could you explain me a bit closer what do you mean : is there a way to get rid of the subframe mount brace ( I have some problems with understanding your explanation). What parts would I need?

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what Dean means is you can take the bar off completely if you wish, and put a blank metal plate/cup from a S14 in the places where it attaches to the subframe/chassis, as the ends of this bar incorporate the cups that dean was mentioning. The 'cups' hold everything together and give the nuts that hold that bar and the subframe in place something to push against.

Again, IIRC there are no rubbers on the bar, but the rubbers you see are the subrfame bushes. You won't be able to replace them without removing the whole subframe assembly, which is a fairly big job.

Last edited:
D

djmasterg

Thank you, you guys are great! But next question is - how will it affect handling of car? Or lets think of it another way: After this "little" crash I got with the parking post - my handling changed (it pulls a bit to left). So lets say I leave everything as it is now (will not touch subframe mount brace, etc), just do a wheel aligment and geometry - is there a chance everything will get to the previous - normal - state?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
TBH, if its started pulling since you hit the post, then unfortunatly I would imagine something fairly heafty is bent.

All the suspension components are mounted to the subframe, and the subframe mounted to the body/chassis, so if you have bent that bar, which is connected to the subframe AND the body/chassis, then it could be serious.

How quickly were you going when you hit it? It usually takes a fair bit of force to do damage severe enough to throw the geometry out.

D

djmasterg

Hi and Merry Christmas to all of S15 owners!!!

Regarding your question how fast was I - it was about 5 - 7 mph. I was reversing and didn't check for clearance so that's how it happened. I can add that after it I could feel a bit of pull to the left on steering, but there is no play on steering wheel.

next year - so in couple of days - a good mechanic will check for me availability of this part and then I will know a bit more.

With regards
Greg.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If you want to just replace it your best bet would be to get the part number of the bar, and e-mail perfectrun for a quote. Or, the more expensive option would be to go to a Nissan dealer with your chassis number and they will price it up for you. Pefrectrun would more than likely be a lot cheaper though, even with delivery.

If i was you I'd try to get some sort of 4-wheel geometry check to find out why it's pulling. Hope you get it sorted though mate.

:)