What's new

Differential hop, please help

M

Malta

Hi guys, I got my Silvia 3 months ago and I've finaly got the hang of going sideways. After some drifting practice I was doing this week I found my s15 hopping from the back when I spun the tires. The hopping is the worst in the wet but not there when driven normally. What have I done?

M

martinbattye

changing the diff itself will not stop tramp... you need to stiffen the rear bushings or go with lock out collars... both bring more harshness/noise to the ride

M

martinbattye

you may find that once you have done that you could induce tramp in the subframe also.. fix a problem.. move it !

M

Malta

Thanks for the info, just placed an order with chris at superflex for subframe and diff bushes. Will give feedback after installation

M

Malta

I've Installed all bushes and problem has gone. It's now doing a bumping sound when I load off the gas but I've heard thats normal

Reaction score
just done mine now, alloy subframe bushes, poly gearbox mount, alloy diff bush kit. Tightened it up a treat! soo much nicer now and it's not even that harsh as mines a daily also.