What's new

Steering wheel removal

Reaction score
Has anyone removed the air bag wheel from a S15? There's something causing a rattle just below the plastic shroud but I need to take the wheel off to inspect whether there is anything loose or touching. Does the plastic front panel just pull off?

I'll disconnect the battery to avoid decapitation.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Just had a look. I'd refer to the workshop manual so you can read up on the airbag removal process.

K

kieran

i also have an anoying rattle, belive it is the springs on the horn push, if i place my hand on the horn whilst driving i cant hear it :D

and i dont mean pressing the horn dso it sounds ;)

i belive the cover just pops off, but it would be wise to disconnect the battery for an hour first :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Having read the service manual, I'd strongly recommend having a look at it before messing about. Yes, its all fairly straightforward. You just need to be aware of a few things first. :)

A

Anubis

I had the exact same issue. I got nissan to fix it because you have to take out the airbag and then tighten something behind there. They didn't charge me for it either.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Annoying rattle :nod:
Rest thumb on the steering wheel while driving :no:
:thumbs:

S

S15R

solution here!

get double side tap

remove ur airbag

place the double side tap in between airbag and the horn plate ( metal-to-metal contact)

ive done this to my 3 s15 i had :D it works

i mentioned this somewhere here not long ago

Reaction score
thanks Guys, I'll check out the workshop manual. Last time I tried to remove the airbag plug, I couldn't get that thing to budge...it's never easy eh.

Hopefully my next thread won't read..."how to repack airbag!"

Reaction score
Hey Nicely, do you know the rough process on removing the wheel? I tried downloading the manual for a squiz but it's mega slow. I actually only want to remove the shrouding around the wheel if possible. Just to get a look at what could be touching the top of the wheel housing. Any important points to note would be good - I'll try the manual again later.

ps the front cover - does this just pull off as per most other vehicles?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
No worries. You want to finish downloading the full manual though. Comes in handy :nod: Certainly does over here, where the Nissan dealers can't service anything more complex than a Micra....