Oil cooler setups..

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
You shouldn't have to move the washer bottle - well, I didn't have to:

Just make sure the unions that connect to the thermo plate is very secure - this is the point where leaking is most likely to occur!!

James

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cool, thank you for those pics James, thats exactly what i was looking for..

:)

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
might be hard to mount it like the pics above if your FMIC piping goes the traditional path, coming out the bottom of the core and up through the battery tray

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
^^^^ very true!! I forgot to mention that lol... that's one of the benefits of having the Apex Type 2 using a more 'traditional' routing for the cooler pipes :)

TBH I don't think there's too much to worry about in terms of flow cos this car isn't quite a 'high power' application... yet!! ;)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i'm bored at work mate so i just knocked this up - when i was considering fitting an oil cooler with my apex type 1 cooler (before i knew i wouldnt need it) this was how it was going to fit. you would need to fit a small washer bottle and move the hoses to the engine bay or wherever you would want it. the cold pipe is not shown but theres plenty of room behind it for a 19 row mounted lengthways and plenty of places to mount the brackets to, most notably the old mounting points for the washer bottle;)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Oh yeah, I forgot about the intercooler pipes! I'll probably end up buying the Mocal 19 row cooler first, and spend some time geting it to fit properly in a good location. Then get some custom length pipes made up to fit it to a thermostatic plate.

What size thread is required for the sandwich plate? M20??

:)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Dont you normally have to get a smaller washer bottle or relocate it when installing a FMIC? Apex used to do a smaller washer bottle but I cant find one on their site anymore.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
if you fit the type 1 you just turn the washer around, the one apex used to sell was about 25-00 and i had one and sold it because i didnt need it. it is basically the same as this one on ebay, you just need to either join the two hoses together to squirt the front and rear at the same time or just connect the front one up and extend and re-crimp the wires for the front pump onto the new one:)