What's new

Does the speedo still work with ABS removed?

Reaction score
If i removed the abs from my s15 will the speedo still work? (the s15's read the speed from the abs not from the gearbox like on the s14/14a)

i'm looking to fit a hydrolic handbrake on saturday and have been told the ABS interfiers with it. Plus ATM it's cabletied out of the way because of my stainless mani and also I HATE ABS! especially when drifting in the wet!

anybody know?

Last edited:

sx-si

Reaction score
i dont know dude but
you can either run a 5-speed and try using the standard sencor on the box
if your keeping the 6-speed and want to try removing the abs then why not just unplug the plugs into your abs unit and take it for a drive and see what happens?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i've been read loads of times by lots of people that the speed sensor is in the differential and has nothing to do with abs/no affect:)....

Reaction score
i dont know dude but
you can either run a 5-speed and try using the standard sencor on the box
if your keeping the 6-speed and want to try removing the abs then why not just unplug the plugs into your abs unit and take it for a drive and see what happens?
i've been read loads of times by lots of people that the speed sensor is in the differential and has nothing to do with abs/no affect:)....
Cool yea if it doesn't work i will use the speed sensor on the side of the gearbox as i have a 5 speed box in mine already and the speed sensor is still there :)

cheers guys

Reaction score
Just take note if you use the speed sensor on the gearbox you will need a converter to convert the signal to a square wave for the speedometer otherwise it is a no go. I have a Dakota Digital Convertor on standby for my setup. Picked up an ABS computer yesterday as well.