What's new

Blow off valve - standard or plumb back?

D

djmasterg

Hello

Recently I was explained by a s14a owner (also a family member ;) ) , what does the blow off valve do. So I started to look around websites and found that my bov (modified) does not have a plumb back pipe inlet and connection pipe.

Hence my question: should I go back to standard recirculation system (have all the parts including pipes and bolts), or should I get a bov with plumb back pipe inlet? I read that on standard factory dump valve ( blow off ) turbo charger lives shorter? I am still a new s15 owner so please do not be angry for this simple questions.

Thanks in advance
Greg.

wutang200

Reaction score
The standard dump valve is prone to leaking at higher than standard boost so it's best to get rid of it.

What you need is a re-circulation valve kit which is basically a blow off valve but instead of dumping excess pressure into the air, it re-circulates the air back into the IC system. You get better throttle response with this mod and better fuel consumption but not much noise when letting off the throttle.

Reaction score
Country
the standard dump valve leaks as it has a hole in it which i assume is for better emissions or something. It can be easily modified by blocking the hole which should make it much more capable of handling higher boost than standard.

G

gunner93

the standard dump valve leaks as it has a hole in it which i assume is for better emissions or something. It can be easily modified by blocking the hole which should make it much more capable of handling higher boost than standard.
How is it done?

D

djmasterg

Hello again,

Since I owe this car there was this mod (Bov) already instaled. I would like to put back standard, but...
I post a photo of a standard parts which i got with the car.

On that second picture, you can see 2 parts. Part with number "1" - don't have a clue where to put it. The same is with this screw "II". Any ideas? Maybe anyone has a service diagram or something, which i can start with.
Thank you.

Last edited:
D

djmasterg

HI again

Gaining knowledge here on forum, so next question:
Is there a possibility to stay with current bov, modded one, and to connect engine ecu to a computer and lower fuel level? My problem is that my s15 is overfueling, i have a cat built in, so I dont want to foul it. Besides I can see some black mist on exhaust.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
you should only be experiencing lift off overfuel when you come off the throttle as the afm is telling the ecu to add more fuel but you are dumping the air out through the bov. hence the mixture is made up of more fuel than air for that moment.;)

Reaction score
Country
Hello again,

On that second picture, you can see 2 parts. Part with number "1" - don't have a clue where to put it. The same is with this screw "II". Any ideas? Maybe anyone has a service diagram or something, which i can start with.
Thank you.
Part 1 looks like an in line air filter, kind of look like the one that come with my Greddy profec b.

To me Part 2 looks like a screw from a jubilee clip.....

but when i took off my stock bov last week i don't recall having part 1 or any odd screws :no: