What's new

Weard noises and premiture detonasion

R

Rosscoss

How can i solve this? My engine is prety much standard. I have a Greedy Boost controler, Blitz Induction filter, and a cat back Exhust systum.
Also there is a funny noise like a rattely leaky sound while under Acceleration, also letting off Acceleration and while keeping at the same speed. What could this be and meen? Hope somone can help cause i want my power back as i have ternd the boost right down on low boost but the noise is still there the same as it was befor. Thanks Ross :thumbs:

R

Rosscoss

Here is the Boost controler i have on my car.

Here is the problem with the Dump valve spiting oil

Hope it's not anything bad so hope somone can help :thumbs:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
That is what I was thinking, especially with the oil coming out of the BOV

sx-si

Reaction score
it looks like its either piston rings or compressor side of your turbo (inlet) ive seen it a few times

also seen a bodge using a catch tank- air mod
if you have a catch tank take off the pipe that runs from right hand side (middle) oif the cam cover block the lower part off and use the top to go the the catch tank then leave the other whole on the catch tank open (to air) and it should be a good tempary fix.
that apparently works on if the exhaust is smoking on de-acceleration

also your best off doing a wet and dryt compression test just to make sure its not pistons

Reaction score
It's obvious that your blow off/dump valve is venting to the atmosphere.
Because its on your hot pipe close to the turbo it is picking up your blow by oil and blowing it out the vent on the side of the dump valve.

I'd put a catch canister on and see how it goes

Check your turbo to manifold bolts aren't lose,its a common problem the turbo comming loose ;)

R

Rosscoss

Hi thanks for everyones help. Sorry i have been working so much lately. I don't have an oil catch tank so can't be that. whats the most likely cause? Turbo seals? :thumbs: