What's new

Big Brake kit

G

Get_Real

Topper said:
Derek said:
I know topper has these.. Are they good? ..
:nod: yes they are very good, brakes are amazing now, so much so that the rear brake's are not up to the job anymore :no:

And they look great :nod:

Although, having said that, the M3 kits is an excelent buy in my eyes and i would think they are just as good as the ones i have, yet alot cheaper.

hi peeps,

Following on from Topper's comment, do the rear brakes then need to be changed too as he mentions that they are not up to the job anymore... :confused: :eek:

I thought that most of the braking will be done by the front brakes.....so the rears might not need to be changed or am i wrong?? :rolleyes: :D

Cheers,
Alex

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You don't have to. However, doing a Z32/Skyline rear brake conversion (with BMC) will make a significant difference, and shift more of the braking power to the rear.

G

Get_Real

Is that a good thing?? Shifting the power to the rear??

So in fact, i dun have to change the rears.......its not gonna be dangerous or anything is it??

Cheers,
Alex

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
You dont have to change them no :no:

I was refering to the big difference in braking power at the front over standard, so much so that i have seen (when on a slight bend) the front stopping quicker than the rear.......... little bit of ar$e out, but in a straight line (when you should be braking :rolleyes:) the brakes are more than capable of stopping quickly without issue.

Fitting larger rear brakes just evens up the balance and further imporves the stopping power.

D

Derek

What i've done is just put in a set of Ceramic pads and changed the brake lines. I feel its sufficent.