What's new

Tuning mods (HELP)!

R

Rosscoss

I'm looking for a stand alone ECU with aunti lag and launch control as a setting on it. Also looking for a dump valve the don't jst go chhh! I'm looking for one that flutters but don't know what ones do it. Also what would be the best uprated fuel pump for my SR20DET and i'm in need of some realy good tuning websites that i can buy parts form for my Silvia S15. If anyone can help be great. many thanks :thumbs:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
a vi-pec v88 ecu should do all that and is meant to be awesome. i wouldnt worry too much about a standalone ecu until you have bought the parts to achieve the power you want, then have everything put on and mapped at once. use the h-dev website as a guide on what you need and what it will give you - it is for s14 but its the same for s15.:) each 'stage' lists the mods required and the expected result

http://www.h-dev.co.uk/index.php?cPath=42_47&osCsid=3e81ffccbd85e15cc82d84983a370c9e

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
With MOTEC you buy the standard ECU and then pay for features to be unlocked - pretty funky way of getting exactly what you want. You never have to send the ECU back to the factory as it's done by serial numbers etc :)

I know MOTEC provide anti-lag and you have a decent amount of hours for recording data on the track but not sure about launch control. Craig has Racelogic installed which seems like a quality product and this does launch control as well as traction control features.

As Dean says - make sure all your mods are in place before your remap...

Are you talking about the 'pigeon' dump valve noise?? To achieve this you need to recirc an aftermarket BOV like the HKS SSQV.

Uprated fuel pump just go for Walbro 255 (same item as the S14 version) - used by 99% of owners on here ;)

G

GUEST_JDM

id recommend the wolf 3d v5 for your ecu, they are a bit of a pain to tune tho but still any decent tuner can do it, you thro the air flow meter away as a plus side n anti lag n launch controll are all progamable, fuel pump id say walbro 550 or bigger depending on your power needs there a good pump fit straight in even the conector plug is the same, hks ssq will flutter with a front mount but if u only want flutter go with out a bov n just block the pipe up, hope this helps jared

R

Rosscoss

Do i need an External wastgate? Because if i take off my dump valve and block up the hole then how willm the pressuer ecape?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If you remove your BOV and block up the holes you will hear a fluttery 'pigeon' noise. This noise is created by air passing through the compressor of the turbo the wrong way, kind of like compressor surge. It has no relation to the wastegate, but a lot of people refer to it as wastgate chatter.

R

Rosscoss

oh i see. so will that be safe to drive the car like that? don't i need a recerculating valve?

Reaction score
It'll run fine. :)

Some people go on about how it'll kill your turbo, but my s14 came with the recirc blocked off and I ran it like that for over 2 years with no issues (at 1.2 bar of boost) plus however long it was like that in Japan.

G

Giff

I've just sold my Adaptronic, it will do everything you ask and more.
Havea look for an E420C