What's new

HKS Actuators

wutang200

Reaction score
I'm just having my HKS actuator fitted today and my mechanic tells me it's body is smaller than my current standard T28BB actuator. Not sure about the length of the arm.

Is this normal?

The actuator I bought is for an S14.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i think the bodies are all the same size on the hks adjustables, its the adjustability and spring rate that you buy it for. the arms are either straight or bent depending on the setup you have.

wutang200

Reaction score
That's what I thought too. Never mind then, the mechanic couldn't fit the actuator in the end saying it's bolted onto the turbo by some sort of a bracket & that it's a big job removing it.

Will have to find me another mechanic who is capable of removing the actuator without removing the whole manifold assembly.

Reaction score
what a crap mechanic.... you can remove it with everything still in situ'.....

make sure you have the arm set long enough or overboost as you like! :D lol

wutang200

Reaction score
Right just to update this thread. I took it to my normal mechanic and he gave me a better explanation which is a real pain for me as I've just realised this.

The S15 BB turbo has a factory actuator which is a complete unit with it's own bracket welded to it making it impossible to re-use for aftermarket actuators and the bracket cannot be bought separately as I've contacted a few traders to no avail :annoyed:

So then I thought I'd splash out £100 and just buy another actuator from Forge Motorsport but just realised that they advise that they don't come with a bracket and that the original one has to be re-used. So bloody frustrating for something so small!!

Please can someone make a sticky about this so others are aware?

Now where do you guys recommend I get hold of this bracket?